Chapter 12

Y/N caught up to Jiraiya and Naruto as they continued their walk. As they walked, Naruto talked to Jiraiya as Y/n was deep in thought.

Y/N 'thought': Itachi and Kisame. Those two are way strong. I'm glad, Jiraiya and Zabuza Sensei showed up when they did. If they hadn't shown up when they did, I don't know what would've happened.

Matatabi: It's alright. You don't need to worry about them for now.

Y/N: Even so, I felt so pathetic in the presence of them. Even after all the training I did, I just stood there like a statue.

Matatabi: You don't need to beat yourself up after what happened. There are always powerful enemies that are stronger than the previous one. I don't know if Orochimaru would be able to beat them.

Y/N stayed quiet as he clenched his fists. While they walked, Naruto stopped in his tracks causing Jiraiya and Y/N to look at him.

Jiraiya: Something wrong, Naruto?

Naruto stayed quiet for a moment before he looked at him.

Naruto: Just what did those guys want with me, anyone?

Y/N and Jiraiya stayed quiet for a moment before he spoke.

Jiraiya: Don't take it the wrong way. It's not you that they want, it's what inside of you.

Naruto: Just what the hell is thing anyway?

Jiraiya explained what the nine-tail fox was along with saying describing his power. Y/N stayed quiet as he had a solemn look as he recalled what his elders told him about the power of the flames from Matatabi along with her power. After explaining what the nine-tail fox was, Naruto asked another question.

Naruto: I see though what about Y/N? That shark guy said something about a two-tail tiger.

Y/N stayed quiet as he walked on ahead of the two of them.

Naruto: Hey, Y/N.

Jiraiya: Naruto. Said getting his attention. Just as you have the nine-tails inside you, he has a twin-tailed beast inside of him.

Naruto: H-he does? Why didn't he tell me before?

Jiraiya: You must understand that his past is similar to yours in regards to being feard. Said as he looked at Y/N. Though, his past has scarred him far worse than any bruise or cut. He will tell you when he's ready.

Naruto looked at Jiraiya for a moment before looking at Y/N.

Naruto 'thought': So, he knows the pain of feeling alone. Though just what kind of beast does he have inside him exactly?

Y/N was a good distance ahead of them as they eventually caught up to him. After walking for a few more hours, they arrived at a town that was inside a canyon as a festival was taking place. The streets were filled with several games stalls and other activities as the three of them walked around.

Naruto: Man this is awesome! I never seen anything like this before!

Jiraiya: Downtime is important, so have a little bit of fun before we start your training. This festival will be here for a while so we'll be here until it's over. Then we'll start your training here as well.

Naruto: Alright!!

Y/N smiled as he looked around seeing the many types of stalls and prizes as well. Naruto reached into pulled out his frog wallet that was about the size of a melon with a smile on his face.