Chapter 43

Mei and the others were utterly shocked to see the massive serpent as they watched it slowly swim off in the water.

Anko: This is bad.

Ao: We need to get everyone injured out of here.

Mei: We'll split up into two teams!! Those with medical ninjutsu will get the injured back to base while the others will stop Aibaru and that serpent!! Let's go!!

All: Right!!

Everyone quickly scattered splitting into two teams with Mei leading those who can still fight. As for Kehira, he was searching for Y/N, trying to see where he was.

Kehira: Damn it. Please still be alive Y/N. Please be alive.

As he tried to look for him, he stopped as he looked back seeing where the serpent was heading.

Kehira: Damn it. Judging from where that thing is heading, it's going to that same town where the tree tails attacked. Said as he slammed his fist against the tree. What the hell am I suppose to do?

As he was furious with himself, he sensed someone behind him as he threw a kunai at the tree.

Kehira: Who's there!!!

???: Your focus should be stopping that serpent. That town has lost more than enough people.

Kehira looked where he threw his kunai as a rather large cloaked figure appeared. Upon seeing him, he was utterly confused as he had no idea who he was.

Kehira: W-Who in the world are you?

???: A friend.

Kehira was confused by this as he didn't know what to say. The figure pulled the kunai out from the tree and threw it back to him which Kehira caught.

???: Y/N is still alive. Go and stop that serpent.

Kehira looked at him extremely unsure about this.

???: If you believe in him then go stop that serpent. He would want you to do so.

Kehira quietly looked at him before making his decision.

Kehira: Fine. Though can you search for him in my stead?

???: I will. Now go.

Kehira: Fine.

Kehira vanished leaving where the cloaked figure was.

???: He is quite the protective uncle. Said as he chuckled. I can see why they chose him to be his guardian.

He turned around as he started to leap off the branch.

???: Let's see exactly where he is.

Meanwhile, at the cave where the serpent was released, Y/N was lying unconscious on the ground deep within the cave with his hand on the scroll. At first glance, he appears to be dead with how much blood was around him. However, deep in his subconscious, he was laying on the ground in a different area with Matatabi sitting near him. She looked down at him sensing as she felt a small light flame deep within him that was barely hanging on.

Matatabi: Come on Y/N. You need to wake up. We need to stop Abiaru and that serpent before it's too late.

Y/N remained motionless with his eyes still close. Matatabi grew worried seeing this as she sensed something. Looking ahead of her, she saw a very large amount of chakra slowly taking shape.