Chapter 21- A situation

2 Weeks Later

"Alpha Maureen, we have a situation. What is your location? Request an immediate meeting", I suddenly hear Jax mind link me. He is normally so calm. I've known him for a long time and although he currently sounds composed I can tell there is a seriousness in his tone not be taken lightly.

"I am in the Red Training Center. I will meet you in my office in 10 minutes", I direct him.

"Yes, Alpha", Jax replies. "On my way."

I rush to my office. Jax is waiting for me inside, standing at the  window closest to the door, staring out. He instantly turns to me when I enter.

"Ok, Jax. Report", I order.

"Yes, Alpha. First, it concerns the threats you have been receiving every two days since the truck incident.  In the beginning, we thought, and hoped, it was an outsider. However, since they were coming with such regularity we had to think of the possibility it was an insider. Whether or not the person who is truly behind this intends for the insiders to get caught remains to be seen. We have narrowed down the suspects to two individuals. We have them both in interrogation rooms", he stops while looking at me with a cold stare.

"I don't think your information ends there, correct?" I instruct him while moving my hand in a forward motion for him to continue.

"Yes, Alpha. Second, our contacts and informants have been working diligently since the truck incident two weeks ago. So far, our information has repeatedly led to Alpha Toby", he finishes while staring at me with a disgusted look on his face. I know how much Jax loathes the alpha ever since he fought Jax's sister. Jax's sister won the fight but there really was never a reason for the fight to begin with, only Toby's pride being hurt.

"Alpha Toby, humm...well, I can't actually say I'm surprised. He has always been a selfish, power hungry, underhanded individual. I have tolerated him because of my father but have always been cautious of him too. Over the last few months he has become rather aggressive in wanting to strengthen our alliance, which is already hanging by a thread, and persistent about learning about my mate, like whether I have found mine or not, if I have what's  their rank, pack, etc. I would never tell that ass anything about my mate!!",  I growl. The thought of him knowing anything about Wyatt making me see red.

"Alpha Maureen, you are intelligent, loyal, hard working, strong, fair. Pretty much everything he is not. Does he really think you would choose him as a mate?" he inquires.

"Hence the craziness we have before us. I have always turned him down. I simply do not like him. I believe he thinks this is the only path for him to gain what he truly wants with me. Power and influence. Increase of territory. Increase of pack size. He is too much of a shithead for me to ever choose him as a mate even before finding Wyatt. Now, that I've found my mate there is definitely no way I would ever think of Toby as anything more than a neighboring alpha I've kept an alliance with", I state while closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. "Ok, lets go to the interrogation rooms to see what we can learn. They can do it the easy way or the hard way", I command while getting up and walking toward the door with Jax at me heels.  

**I hope they choose the hard way- Shelia growls

*Me too!