Chapter 9-Questions, the fun kind

Wyatt POV

I have been at Maureen's house for three days. I have rested, unpacked, toured the house & grounds, and met some housemates. I already feel more comfortable here then I ever did with my uncle and aunt.

It is about 5:30pm with Maureen and I in the kitchen. We are fixing ourselves something to eat with plans of taking a walk afterward. Well, mostly Maureen is cooking since my cooking & kitchen skills suck beyond cleaning. We sit down with grilled cheese sandwiches, fries, salad, and fruit. We play one of our favorite games, twenty questions. We try to ask fun, different questions to make it interesting.

She begins, "Favorite cartoon as a kid?"

"Um, I wasn't really allowed to watch cartoons too much as kid with my uncle and aunt. But I remember this cartoon my mom loved a lot. She had it on DVD, "The Gummi Bears!There was a line in the opening song that always stayed with me. It went "bouncing here and there and everywhere. they are the Gummi Bears' ." I sing while moving my hands like a conductor. Maureen is laughing so hard at me that she has tears rolling down her cheeks. I love her smile and laughter.

"Oh man, that was priceless. I am so going to have to find that show now," she insists while trying to calm down.

"That would be awesome actually. I haven't seen it in so long. Ok, how about you?" I ask.

"I like classic Scooby Doo actually. Not as exciting as your bouncing bears but classic awesomeness none the less," she chuckles.

"Ok, favorite dessert?" I inquire.

"Awww, turtles. Turtle pie, turtle brownies. Pretty much anything turtle. Chocolate, pecan, caramel! Can't beat it, scrumptious!!" she coos.

I reply, "Actually, I have a hard time narrowing it down. I love chocolate, caramel, nuts, and berries. I hate coffee flavored desserts though. My turn. Favorite smell?"

She says, "Chocolate and peppermint."

I answer with, "I have to say peppermint. My mom used to grow peppermint so it reminds me of her, of home."

I notice Maureen now has a wide smile and a twinkle in her eye like she just solved a mystery. Man, I love to see her smile. I can just drown in her eyes, so beautiful.

We ask more questions, then watch a movie. We decide on "The Goonies." Something fun and lighthearted after everything heavy that is going on. We decide that tomorrow morning we need to sit down to discuss what is going on with my uncle and aunt. I can't wait until I never have to deal with them ever again.