Chapter 50-Upcoming Meeting

Maureen POV

Oh my goodness, the flabbergasted look on Wyatt's face is soooooooo cute! I love it!! I can't help but laugh out loud and slightly shake my head. 

Ok, back to the business at hand. Chieftain Mahoe's letter!!

I smile at Wyatt, purposely walk over to him , reach out toward his chin, which is hanging open like it has forgotten how to close, and gently bring his lower jaw up.  

When I accomplish this task it seems to bring him out of his stunned trance, blushing. 

**Oh, I love making mate blush- Shelia moans.

I just chuckle at her and re-focus.

"Wyatt, I need to take this letter from the chieftain seriously. I know you have not been aware or involved in our world for long and I don't want to push you. As my mate, you will be taking on responsibilities with the pack  but only when you feel comfortable and at your pace. You are welcome to begin participating with pack activities if you want, like sitting in on the upcoming meeting I'm about to conduct in the kitchen shortly. I'm going to contact my Beta, who is Jax, his mate, Lucille, Gamma, Dennis, and Head Warrior, Garret.  You've spent time with them before and now know their rank with the pack. They are some of my most trusted friends, that is why I wanted them to spend time with you. Now, we'll gather in the kitchen and I will inform them about this letter so a plan can be formulated."

I caress his red cheek and lazily gaze into his hypnotic eyes. Man, I think I can  stare into those lovely orbs for hours on end. "I love you Wyatt and will wait for you to be at ease in my world, our world now," I finish with a smirk and a light kiss on his velvety lips. I feel his arms slowly snake around my waist and pull me closer to his chest and pepper my neck with kisses, which gently tickles.  

He raises his soft lips close to my ear and whispers, "I love you too Maureen, so much. If I can survive my uncle and aunt's house of disdain and pain then I can at least step up and  stand beside my amazing mate. I don't care what kind of world you are a part of, just as long as you're there. That is all I care about Maureen. I don't care what creatures I encounter in our world. They can't be worse than my family. If they are then we will face them together.  Sure, the ones from the supernatural world may appear different, scarier even than my family but my uncle and aunt's hearts, souls were vile. I'd rather surround myself with creatures who look different with  decent hearts than be around someone who appears "normal" only to have a repulsive heart, soul. I will join you in this meeting and do whatever I can to help," he genuinely confesses to me, while staying close to my ear as he is speaking ever so quietly. 

My heart swells with love, pride and I position my arms around his neck to pull him closer. We stay like that for a few silent moments. Then, I reluctantly pull back while keeping my arms around his neck.  "I can not tell you what I'm feeling right now after hearing you say that. Some humans can not handle our world, reject us, and pretty much high tail it as fast  as they can in the opposite direction. You not only accept us but embrace us. Thank you," I affectionately and truthfully  say while staring at his beautiful face. I take a deep breath, knowing I have to ruin our romantic moment. "I'm going to mind link them and have them come up shortly. Let's go into the kitchen shall we and make some coffee." He nods his head while still holding onto my waist. 

I mind link Jax, Lucille, Dennis, and Garret to meet us in the flat asap. There are important issues to discuss.