Night Cap : AU1 Chapter 2

His hand caressed my cheek and I almost shivered at his kind touch...

"Ethan..." I said in a low whisper and turned my face into his hand and kissed his palm ever so gently.

"Rookie..." He sighed.

I lifted my head up for a moment and smiled gently.

"Come up... just for a bit. My roommates are asleep and I don't really feel like sleeping myself yet?"

He considered my invitation, his eyes roaming my face, not sure what to make of it...

"I...I can't..."

I tilted my head and asked "Is it because you don't want too? Or..."

"You know I want too."

"So, it's the evening, we're not at work and let's say we'll both be as professional as the other allows?"

He raised an inquisitive brow and all I could do was smile.

"Let me show you what I mean..."

I leaned in and closed the small distance between us, kissing him gently and longingly. He tensed, noticeably but didn't retreat as I envisioned.

And unlike at Donohue's yesterday...

He kissed me back...

It became deeper, with meaning and desire. His hand, shyly moved to hold my waist, lying on the lower curve of my back.

After the moment, he looked away, another sigh escaping him.

"Now. We both allowed that to be very unprofessional. If either of us objected then we could have continued being professional."

He almost laughed and said "Are you making your own rules, rookie?"

I shrugged and said "Maybe." And got out the car, hoping he'd follow.

Ethan

Dammit Dammit Dammit.

I watched her get out the car, my eyes moved from the seat she had been in, to my gear shift and to her apartment.

It's as if the conversation we had yesterday didn't even happen...

Two months away from her only made me want her more... and it's harder than ever to refuse her.

I believe that going to her apartment will be innocent enough, but the intention still lies. The question I keep on asking myself is 'would I do this for/with anyone else at the hospital?' And if the answer is no...I try my best to refuse her.

But now?

I find myself walking up the steps to her apartment where she was letting herself inside.

"Seeing you gave into the inevitable, huh?" She smiled as she stood in the door way, holding the frame.

"Using my words against me. Strong move." I laughed under my breath as I moved closer to her.

She looked up to me, slyly before taking my hand and walking backwards towards the elevator.

"....there are something's that are worth any risk..." She laughed gently as she guided me over.

I shook my head and tried my best to hide my smile. Over the last 24 hours I've found myself doing that more often.

And I think she's the cause.

She placed her keys on the side as we entered silently, careful not to awake anyone.

"Now unless you want to get caught, my room is the safest bet."

Remembering what she said in the car, I nodded and followed.

Reluctantly because I'm worried about keeping myself under my control... because I was hoping she was going to want to go to her room.

I followed her inside where the room was lit by the moon light as she took her necklace off.

She turned around and headed to her wardrobe where she began to unzip her dress.

I gulped, silently and sat on the edge of her bed averting my gaze.

"Oh come on Ramsey, it's not like you haven't seen it twice before." She said with a hint a sly smile.

Flashbacks moved through my mind of the last time I was here, the pleasure...the desire...the longing...

I looked up to her and I said "yeah. But I wasn't being such a gentleman then." With a playful smirk.

"Mmm. No...you weren't. But that doesn't mean you were bad either..."

I wasn't in control of myself then either

Or hopelessly trying to stick to the boundaries I had mentally put in place after Miami.

I watched as the zip moved down as more of her tanned skin appeared, the back of her bra, visible.

"Think you could be a gentleman now and help me unzip this thing?" She looked to me over her shoulder.

I nodded for her to move back to stand between my legs as I placed one firm hand on her waist, the other pulling the zipper all the way down to her... lower Lower back.

My hands retreated and quietly, she thanked me, before slipping it off completely.

I fully averted my gaze and lay back with a sigh and soon enough, she was more or less dressed for the night.

I tilted my head to her as she watched the ceiling.

"Ethan?"

"Rookie?"

She bit her lip nervously and asked "Are we way in over her out heads?"

I shrugged and watched the ceiling with her.

"Probably. But I can't change the boundaries I want to have with you. It goes against my better judgement."

"Is it what you want?"

I turned to her with a raised brow.

"Of course it isn't."

We both returned to the ceiling and she said "so why bother? It's already been a day and I think we've crossed all... except one boundary. And the world didn't crash and burn, did it?"

"It's only been a day and Baz almost caught us crossing a boundary. And if it wasn't evidential from that dinner, I'm sure Naveen is onto us."

"But...you know better than anyone that doctor's take risks...am I not worth that?"

"Yes...you are. But if your future wasn't so important..." I looked to her.

"I would cross that last boundary right now."

She looked to me and I placed a curl behind her ear. "But it is... how can I teach you... push you to be the best..."

"But what about what I want? What if all I want...is you?"

My heart wrenched at her words...

"You know your career is important. And I don't want to be the reason you think otherwise."

"You're not doing that...I am... and neither of us can change that..."

I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and held her.

"Ethan I..."

"...I know...."

She held onto my shirt and I closed my eyes...

"...we...we will work it out..." I nodded.

And I'm not sure that I even believe myself.

As I said, If two months in another continent only made me want her more...

What's going to happen now I'm with her everyday?