Speculation: AU1 Chapter 24

Ethan

June, Baz, Valentine and myself were sitting in the diagnostics office, discussing our patient, Sara Green, who's condition is still a puzzle that we're trying to solve while Baz was talking about her blood tests that we had requested and what he had deduced from them.

I glanced at V, who sat awfully quiet next to me, looking down at her lap.We haven't discussed what happened yesterday any further and I doubt she wants too or we need too.

She caught my glance, and instead of looking away, I kept my eyes concentrated on hers. She smiled gently, placing a curl behind her ear as she looked down briefly. I smiled back as discreetly as I could, which apparently worked to know avail....

"*cough* Ethan? V?"

We both jumped slightly and snapped our attention to Baz, who had his brow raised.

I sat up straight as V started to speak. "All the problems that she has are too...generic, if that makes sense. Even in the blood work, along with her symptoms, they cover a vast spectrum."

"V's right. So what's going to be our next call?" June asked,

I stood up and went to the front and said "We're going to need to speak with her again. See if we can make a plausible link between any of her symptoms. As well as that, make a house call. She could have been exposed to anything in an apartment complex."

Everyone nodded and I handed out copies of the chart. "June, Baz, you two make the house call. Valentine, I want you to speak Sara, she's the most comfortable with you."

"We'll get on that." Baz nodded and he and June got up ready to leave.

After, V came over as I put my white coat on and asked "Coming with me?" raising a brow.

"I haven;t spoken to her myself yet. And I would like to see first hand how well your dealing with our patient." I raised mine to match.

"Then you won't be disappointed." She smirked.

"Let's hope not. Come on." I smiled as we headed out ourselves.

Just as we were leaving, she stopped, checking her phone. Her expression fell slightly and I turned to her as I held the door open.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

She typed back a response quickly and said "I guess. Let's just say we both have parent issues." she sighed before heading over to her bag and putting her phone inside.

"No more distractions." she nodded as she came back over.

"You sure?" I raised my brow.

"Yes Ethan. We have a patient to talk too." she put on a smile before walking out.

Valentine.

As we approached the door , I turned to Ethan and said "Now, be nice. Not just a doctor, but a human being too."

"The difference being?" he asked, genuinely confused.

I laughed under my breath and said "Remember you're talking to a scared 17 year old girl and her equally as scared aunt who need to understand what's going on, but also feel comfortable in this environment and situation."

"That's what I suppose your so good at?"

"You know it." I smiled and he shook his head, a similar expression crawling across his face as I opened the door.

"Good morning Sara and Mrs Micheals. How are we both this morning?" I greeted with a warm smile.

"Hey doctor Valentine!" Sara beamed, looking so much better than she did before her surgery.