The Enigma Of The Heart: AU1 Chapter 41

Valentine

After coming back from Mass Kenmore, it didn't take me long to want to get ready for the rest of my day. After everything that has happened and my overly long shift, I was permitted my half a day- which I spent poaching a patient.

Do I feel bad?

I'm not quite sure.

Mr Farrugia is still going to be treated, just not at Mass Kenmore, and if we have any say in it, his treatment and a diagnosis will be a lot better here. I hope.

But what im doing right now, is very, very risky.

Very.

Ethan and I haven't talked yet, and it's not the right time, evidently but I don't think we need to say much to know which direction our relationship is going. And for once it seems to be on a positive note.

But then there are...hurdles we're going to have to get over and I think that will be the main focus of our 'talk' if it happens.

Right now however, while Baz and June are on their lunch break...the door to the diagnostics office is locked....and a very very intense gaze is playing between Ethan and I...

He leaned against his desk with an arched brow, and arms folded. I imitated his stance.

"So?" I raised a brow.

"I know we should talk..." he said.

"You think?"

I stepped closer to him and said "This week has been really terrible so far, and these mixed signals and now being paged to your-"

"V..."

"-office after everything happened today, yesterday and for pretty much the whole past month or so-"

"Valerie."

Exasperated, I stopped ranting and said "Yes?"

And very surprisingly, I didn't get a chance to gather myself, before he stepped forward and pulled me into yet another, deep kiss.

I smiled against his lips as his hands moved to my hair and I murmured slowly "Doctor Ramsey."

I pulled him in closer, arching my body into his, as our touch deepened....

Ethan

It's bewildering me as to what I'm doing right now. Because just an hour ago, I insisted that we had to talk. I had been insisting to myself that I wouldn't let myself go until we've talked- but I can't seem to find the strength anymore-

And one can only remain strong for so long.

She turned us around and I swiftly lifted her up onto the desk, her legs immediately wrapping around my waist and drawing me nearer to her...
"...we...do...have...to talk....." I said between breathes.

"I...I know...but right now...I..."

she gulped as I kissed down her neck, her hands holding firmly onto my shoulders.

"but...we both...need this....Ethan...." my name came out as a slow breathy groan from her lips.

I kissed back up and she moved forward, pressing her lips to mine once more. Both of us wanting to overwhelm the other, but neither of us backing down, only making for a strong and intense show of affection that only grew with every touch, every feel....

"...you're impossible..." I murmured.

"Hm...You're one to talk..."

she tugged on my bottom lip, only making my need for her grow even more....my hands wanting to hold her, feel her and caress her everywhere...