Take Me Home: AU1 Chapter 36

Valentine

We're in trouble, aren't we?

Because I can see that the situation we have been put in is going to tear us apart either way. But for now, we've chosen to keep on going, against the odds. But soon...what if that isn't enough?

And as for today, today is the annual Edenbrook vs Mass Kenmore softball game, which we need to win if we are hoping to get our integrity back after Tobias slated the hospital by taking the Stephanie Hill case and flaunting it over the media. So a lot is going through my mind right now... but I need to stay calm and focused.

Who knows how the day will plan out...

Ethan, Bryce, Elijah and myself made our way across to the park where the two sides could be seen mingling in, at and around the bleachers.

"You guys ready?" Bryce asked.

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah. I think so."

"You'll be great V. Let's go in with the mind set that we'll win!" Elijah said with an encouraging smile.

"How about you Ramsey?" Bryce looked over to Ethan who was on the otherside of me.

"Hm. Let's get this over with before -"

"My God Ethan!"

Our attentions were turned to Tobias Carrick sauntering over, a grin plastered on his face.

"Christ..." Ethan said under his breath.

"-You are the last person I expected to see here." He laughed.

"Worried?" Ethan raised a brow.

"Thrilled, this i'll make the victory even sweeter!"

"Tobias, settle, it's a game. and I was of the wacky impression that games are meant to be fun?" I folded my arms.

He glanced me up and down and said "Trust me, I'm having loads of fun."

I rolled my eyes and said "Hm. We'll leave you to it then."

"You couldn't stay away even if you tried. see y'all out there." he winked before going off.

"wow, he's really obnoxious." Elijah said.

Ethan scoffed and shook his head. "Obnoxious doesn't do him justice."

"Come on Elijah, let's check out the food cart and stay faaar away from MK." Bryce said.

As they left, I turned to Ethan and said "Can we expect him to play dirty?

"I wouldn't put it past him....Stay on your toes, Valentine."

I nodded and said "remember when softball games used to be some fun school activity?"

A small smirk played on his lips and he said "do you picture me as the kind of school child to play softball?"

"Oh Ethan, act normal for once." I laughed and he smiled.

our attention was again turned by a polite cough that had come from in front of us.

"Um...Hi V...Hi Doctor Ramsey..."

My eyes widened, slightly stunned for a moment....

"Landry?" I raised a brow.

"Dr Olsen." Ethans brow furrowed with disapproval of the man standing in front of him.

He looked to me, looking unsettled and nervous as I glanced down at his uniform.