Yours, Mine, Ours: AU1 Chapter 33

Ethan

The elevator doors opened and to my sweet relief, the only occupant wasn't an intern, but rather second year, V Valentine.

She looked up from where she had been watching the floor, her arms running along the bar behind her, and smiled.

"Good morning, Doctor Ramsey."

I nodded, a small smile playing on my own features.

"Good morning, Doctor Valentine."

I went to press the floor level I was due to be on, but saw it already highlighted as the doors slid shut.

She relaxed slightly as I stood next to her, watching the elevator numbers slowly tick by.

My senses all to suddenly because overwhelmed when I realized she was wearing that perfume again...

the perfume.

I smiled to myself, and breathed in quietly, taking in the scent....

"Tuberose." she turned to me.

"Hm?" I looked down to her.

"That's the scent. Tuberose...it's my favorite."

I raised a brow, considering her a moment, a blush pricking at her cheeks.

Cautiously, I reached out placing a curl behind her ear, before cupping her cheek.

"Somehow...it reminds me of you...." she peered up to me through her thick eyelashes.

My insides recoiled at her words. Not in fear, but rather in disappointment at myself for letting her go.

"...Rookie, I...."

She nodded and said "I know..."

I nodded myself and we looked up at the same time, seeing we were reaching our floor number.

She kissed the palm of my hand, and raised a brow. "Glad to see I didn't give you a heart attack, old man." she smirked.

The doors opened and she gave we an all knowing glance before walking out, her hips swaying ever so slightly as she did so.

I sighed a deep breath and held onto the railings myself, before suddenly realizing this was my floor too, sliding out before the doors shut.

I tilted my head slightly as I watched her form walk down the corridor going in the same direction I was currently going in,

Where are you going V?

Room 282. 283, 284....

Room 285.

We had both reached the same door and she said "Doctor Ramsey?"

"Doctor Valentine?" I raised a brow.

She leaned against the door on her side, folding her arms and pursing her lips.

"This is my patient."

"No, I believe this is my patient." I mirrored her stance.

She laughed gently and stood up straight, both of us approaching each other even closer. "Ethan,"

"V," I raised my brow further.

"No offense, but if we are working together today, it may drive me clinically insane."

"Offense taken. Should get neurology to check you out." I smirked.

"Oh I think you do that enough for the whole hospital doctor Ramsey. Wouldn't you agree?."