A Thousand Fireworks: AU1 Chapter 29

Ethan

After a long day at the hospital, I sat at the bar in Infront of Reggie, with half a tumbler of whiskey left.

The past few days have made things even more stressful than usual. Between V, the hospital and my own thoughts, by the time the year is out I'm sure I will have made myself insane...

But the woman preoccupying my thoughts also happens to be only a mere 4 meters away from Me...

All evening, our eyes met before darting away from each other. Quite farce of us if you ask me.

I swirled my leftover ice around in my glass...

Before my eyes met hers once more.

Her wild curls flowing over her shoulders, and the light gleaming in her brown eyes, god from any distance shes a complete vision...and every day it takes more and more effort to not kiss her,

to not throw away ethics

and most importantly not to break her heart.

I promised her on her birthday that i wouldnt kiss her again until we had a plan...and I will stick to that. Because damn it i care about her...

and as our eyes meet again im realsing just how much...

Valentine

"Damn V, is there anything you can't do?" Bryce chuckled.

"I suppose not. Beating your ass at pool comes under my many,many skills..."

The others laughed and I smiled to myself, as my gaze caught Ethan's wandering eyes...

Apparently making my boss red in the cheeks is also one of my many talents.

Look at him. Trying to be all brooding and lonely. 'i'm Ethan Ramsey and I'm soooo hot. I'm Ethan Ramsey who sits alone at a bar drinking whiskey because im old.'

i bit my lip and sighed as i watched on, rather longingly actually....

and once our eyes met again, a small smirk came onto his lips as his eyes traveled down.

is he checking me out?

he's definitely, definitely checking me out!

Doctor Ramsey taking our little flirting game to a whole new level....

"Sienna handed me the cue and said "go on V, you've got this!"

I snapped from my daze and turned to her as i said "oh yes i do, prepare yourselves for what is about to be my victory."

Ethan

Pool?

I never saw her as the particular type...

Although i suppose there is a lot about her i don't know yet. The basics sure, and the few details we do discuss when its just us around. 

She turned around, and leaned over the table, arching out her back at a perfect angle...my heart rate staring to pick up upon seeing the sultry look in her eyes as they met mine again. Her red lip sat between her teeth in concentration as she aimed, before winking  as I slightly shook my head with a faint smile.

She took her shot and her friends cheered as she cleared the table.

Impressive

And as her friends conversed she stood up and played with the end of her cue. Raising a brow and glancing between me and the pole in her hand.