When The Sun Rises: AU1 Chapter 44

Valentine

I slicked back my wet hair under the shower head, allowing the warm water to flow over me and trail down my cold skin. Each trickle bringing a goosebump to the surface. Each droplet gathering to weigh down my hair. And suddenly, my body was alight with feelings and sensations, all made more intense by the fact that without the water...

I feel numb....

More than ever, I need to feel the droplets. I need to focus myself. I need to centre myself....

Because if I don't...

I will completely and utterly fall apart....

And that is something that I will always and forever try to avoid at every possible cost...

When life seems to keep on throwing you curveballs, you're never quite sure what you should do. Keep on going? Or fall apart? But I could never do that. Because if I ever allowed that to happen, then I'd view myself as less of a person...

So persevering through the pain and the hardships...life's unfair measures....

That's what I will do...

"There is no room for weakness, Valerie." I sighed to myself as I opened my eyes knocking my head back.

"There is no room for weakness...."

—————————-

Ethan

I looked at the ring in its box as I sat on the edge of my bed, running my finger down the edge of the worn vintage red box, the gold trim slowly fading...

Everything I do is for her...

I have to do this..

For her....

Even if it hurts, I...I know I have to do it. And soon enough...hopefully one day, she will see why.

I would go to any measure if it meant I could to give her the best in life. And if doing this, comes under anything...then I will do it.

"Valerie..." I sighed, running my free hand through my hair.

I love her.

No matter what I say...

No matter what I try to convince myself...

Or anyone for that matter

I will never forget that I love her...

It hurts to know that there has to be a distance between us. from the moment she walked into Edenbrook, we've...been close. Always. And now...

Hm...

Now we're going to be like strangers...

I was torn away from my thoughts when my phone started buzzing beside me. And thank god because if I over think my decision any longer, it will drive me more insane than it already has over the past 6 hours.

"*cough* Naveen, good morning."

"Good morning, Ethan. I called to let you know that before you get into work this morning, do not be expecting to see Ed Farrugia."

I arched my brow and asked "-and why not?"

"There seems to be a slight issue with the details of his transfer. I'm guessing down to Doctor Carrick. But I spoke with someone this morning and they assured me they were going to try and get over for tonight or the latest, tomorrow morning."