Wake Up Call: AU1 Chapter 17

Ethan

A few weeks had gone by since our... last awkward interaction , and my meeting with the board. It's suffice to say that neither of us have or will dare to mention it.

However, I can't help but be proud of her personal development. Going from an intern who, more or less, kept to herself, most of the time, to a junior fellow who isn't afraid to put me in my place. I suppose it's another quality that I have grown to admire about her.

But I still need to keep things professional. I have not forgotten what happened with Gwyneth and yes, to a degree I am still mad at her. Then again, Naveen might be right and I'm just building upon that small discontent to have a reason to push her away.

I knocked on the door to her apartment and was soon met by none other than Doctor Elijah Greene, who looked to me with awe and confusion.

"Doctor...Doctor Ramsey?"

"Doctor Greene, Is doctor Valentine here?"

"Yeah, she's in her room, this way..."

"Yes yes, I know the way." I said as I walked down the hall.

I winced at my own words, hoping to not get a reaction from him.

which I did not.

I knocked on her door once firmly, only to hear her murmur "Mmm No...Go away..."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her childishness.

I sighed and knocked again, this time it was followed by the sound of movement and some mumbling before....

"This better be important-... Oh!"

Her eyes widened in surprise. Well, any person would if you were being woken up in your apartment by your boss...

Especially if you were wearing nothing but your underwear.

I flicked my gaze down her form briefly as she supported herself on the door frame.

"Oh uh...Good morning."

she raised a brow and confusion laced her tone "Good morning Ethan...Everything okay?"

"*cough* We have a case, you've got three minutes to get dressed." I furrowed my brow.

Valentine

I debated in my head whether or not to close the door in his face and just go back to sleep, but I sighed and said "I'll be ready in two."

"Hm. Good answer."

Obviously he's still mad about the whole Gwyneth situation. We haven't...had a moment, since after his board meeting and I'm not even sure what that was.

I walked further into my room and raised a brow as he stood in the door way.

"Are you going to come in? Your letting the heat out." I smiled

Reluctantly, he stepped in, closing the door behind him.

I glanced over my shoulder, and slid my thumbs into the waist of my underwear, slipping them all the way down.

"Valentine! I- uh....what are you doing?" A shocked Ethan said.

"Getting dressed? I believe that's two and a half minutes I have now..." I glanced at him again as I unclasped my bra.