The Soulmate Hypothesis: AU1 Chapter 25

Valentine.

A day off. Finally.

I love my job of course, but the mornings I get to sleep in and relax are the best. Even though,lying in for me is getting up at 9 Am. which depending on the person you are can be late, or early.

I've been up for about 30 minutes so now I'm going to go and see Sienna who is most likely already up since her and the others start their shifts in 30 minutes.

I stretched as I walked out of my room and into the main area of the apartment, greeted by a chipper Sienna, a mixing bowl already under her arm.

"Morning!" she beamed.

"Hey si." I smiled as I took a seat at the counter.

"...sorry about my parents last night. I didn't know they were going to come over." I sighed.

"It's okay. I know that you guys don't see eye to eye..."

"do you see why?" I smiled.

She gasped, exasperated and said "Oh yeah. Your Mom is intense." emphasis on the word 'intense'

"Which is exactly why I want to avoid her and my dad at all cost...."

Our attention was turned to Elijah coming in the room who said "Mr and Mrs Valentine? They're nothing like you V. You wouldn't think you guys are related."

I laughed gently and agreed. "Yeah, I got that often growing up."

"Are you going to keep on avoiding them?" Sienna raised a brow.

"...Yes. They won't stay in Boston forever, right?" I shrugged.

My phone that I had placed on the counter had started to buzz and we all looked at it.

"Think it's them?" Elijah asked.

"...Probably..." I almost winced as I picked it up and turned it over.

"...Edenbrook?" He said as we both read the caller ID.

"It might be an emergency." Sienna said, putting her bowl down as I picked up.

"Hello?"

"Ah Doctor Valentine, Good morning. It's Doctor Banerji."

"Oh Good Morning Doctor Banerji. Is everything alright?"

"Well I'm not quite sure. Everything at Edenbrook is fine, but I'm not sure everything's okay with Ethan."

My eyes widened slightly "What gave you the impression?"

"I had many missed phone calls from him last night and when I called back, he didn't answer. Of course I went by on the way home and he had obviously been drinking. He wanted to be left alone...why the phone calls, I'm not sure."

I sighed and pushed my hair back. "You want me to go and check in on him?"

"If he'll talk to anyone V, it'll be you. I'm not quite sure what got him so riled up...."

"Oh I have my guesses. Don't worry, I'll go over."

"Thank you, Doctor Valentine."

"Of course. Bye..."

After hanging up, Elijah and Sienna looked to me with eager expressions, wanting to know what the phone call was regarding. "Naveen's worried about Ethan and wants me to go and check in on him." I said as I slipped off the seat.