Valentines Anatomy: AU1 Chapter 31

Valentine

The next morning, I tiredly trudged to the changing rooms after staying up all night with Ethan in the ICU looking after Erica's twin daughters. Valerie and....well we haven't come up with a name for baby number two.

"Hey V!" Sienna chimed as her and the others were getting ready.

"Mmm." I groaned, waving my hand in acknowledgement barely able to keep my eyes open.

"And that is why you need coffee." Bryce handed me a to go cup as he went past to get to his locker.

"Thank you. I'm going to be a mess all day otherwise." I sat myself on the bench and sipped the warm caffeine.

"Makes us look better though right?" I heard Jackie say.

I rolled my eyes, a small smile on my lips as Sienna exclaimed "Jackie! She was looking after two preeclampsia babies last night. Give her a break."

"How are they anyway V?" Bryce asked.

"Doing well. We caught and monitored the preeclampsia in time. We didn't wait for a second shock else...."

Everyone nodded,remembering Dolores.

"So has Erica come up with any names?" Si asked.

"Actually, yes. She's named the first baby, Valerie." I stated, going to my locker.

The room when silent and I said "Guys, it's not a big deal."

"On the contrary its a huge deal!" Jackie said.

"I don't know why you don't like the name V. Valeries hot!" Bryce said with a smile, pulling his scrub shirt on.

I raised a brow and said "Thanks Bryce, but I'll stick to V."

A short while later, Sienna walked me down to the diagnostics office since she had a patient in that direction this morning.

"You nearly what?" sienna said as we spoke in hushed voices.

"Kissed. Like, bottom lips just about touched but then nothing! And it leaves me confused because we agreed not to do that until he decided he wouldn't push me away if we did. That if we did, it was because...."

"Vamseys was going to be confirmed?" she smiled.

I rolled my eyes and said "Yes. But then Valerie junior started crying so...you know. we didn't. But does this mean he wants to...try? us? or was it an in the moment thing?"

Our train of thought and conversation came to a halt when none other than Doctor Ramsey was coming the way were going to the diagnostics office.

Sienna held my arm and said "Looks like your about to find out. Speak to him V."

I sighed as we came face to face. "Doctor Trinh, Doctor Valentine."

"Good morning Doctor Ramsey. V, I'll see you later." Sienna said, releasing my arm before heading on her way.

"Um..good morning." I said.

"Good morning." he nodded.

He opened the door and I followed him inside, ready to actually talk to him about...this.

The door hissed shut and I said "I think we need to talk."

"We do?" he raised a brow over his shoulder as he continued to his desk.

"Yes. We do. Ethan, what's going on here?" I sighed.

"What do you mean?" he said as he sat at his desk.