Two Halves, One Whole: AU1 Chapter 42

Valentine

I sat at the bar in one of the restaurants down in southie, waiting for my parents too arrive so I can save my career, my bosses career and the plausible relationship with my boss that is getting more in more in our reach-

if i don't get pulled away from it again....

I turned away from the door when the bartender came over and I asked "Can I get a standard whiskey on the rocks please?"

"ID please Miss." he raised a brow.

I raised mine and scoffed. "Seriously?"

He nodded and held out his hand for my card.

I rolled my eyes and took out my ID and handed it to the bartender who looked at it and back at me.

"This happens more than you might think." I raised my brow.

"Hm. Thank you." He gave it back to be and I sighed as I put it away.

Tonight is the one night that I had no wish to be ID' . Normally, im flattered, but I need a drink if i'm going to get through this....

I pushed my hair back and watched the bar while the bartender when to get my order. It's been an incredibly long day, and now? Now...this was the last thing I want to do.

But if I can save us...

Then it will all be worth it....

After a moment, the bartender placed the whiskey in front of my and I gave a small smile, saying "Thank you. My table is right over there." I pointed it out and he wrote down the number for the bill.

"Thank you, miss."

I nodded back and turned around on the bar stool towards the door, where....they both were walking in.

I gulped and hesitated, before having a straight sip of my drink, rolling my shoulders back and muttering to myself "You can do this, Valerie." Before making my way over....

Ethan

I sat alone in the diagnostics room, and from my desk I looked up at the the clock.

8:02

V is with her parents right about now. And oh how I wish she wasn't. How I wish she was in my office, lying on the chair reading through a medical journal....

She's the kind of person who once they set a goal in their heads, they go for at against all the odds and never back down. However, In valerie's case, that sometimes is her downfall. Of course we had agreed that what we have is worth fighting for, bit I know officially meeting with her parent is a very large step for her...

I took of my reading glasses and ran my hand down my face before pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Rookie..." I said under my breath.

I was disturbed from my thoughts and alerted by a knock at the door.

"*cough*, come in." I sat up straight and ran my hand through my hair.

"....Doctor Ramsey?" Sienna Trinh came in.

"Dr Trinh. How can I help you?" I raised a brow.

"Well....it's not exactly how you can help me...."

"Do I want to know what this is regarding, Trinh?"

"Oh yes doctor Ramsey! I, well....it's V...." She said as she took a seat at my desk.

"Is she okay?" My eyes widened.