Disguised Intentions: AU1 Chapter 28

Ethan

After the events of earlier this morning, a lot of questions are left unanswered.

A lot of those revolving around me and V, the hospital...

and many questions I have to ask and answer myself.

I don't like to second guess myself, but in the situation that I have fallen into, I find myself doing it more and more often. Is that a bad thing? I'm not quite sure yet.

And as the sun slowly starts to rise over Boston, one of the decisions that I second guess most days, is lying right next to me.

Valentine.

V.

Rookie.

And when I say 'second guess', I try to second guess my feelings towards her which are still all new to me. I don't understand them or know what they are completely yet. Just that when she described what soulmates were that one evening in the diagnostics office, it was the best explanation that I had been given to the way I had been feeling.... about her.

I sighed and turned my attention back to her sleeping form, her cheek pressed against my chest and her curls falling ever so gently over the frame of her face. I smiled slightly, before bringing myself to waking her up, since we do have work in a few hours.

My arm that was wrapped around her pulled her closer and I spoke into the crown of her hair.

"V..."

"...mmm..." she murmured.

"We have work soon." I said softly.

"...work?" she mumbled against me, burrowing her head into the slot between my side and arm.

"work." I smiled and stroked her hair.

"mmm..." she groaned, evidently tired.

After a long moment, She pulled away slightly, before opening her eyes and looking up at me, stretching her arms out.

"...Hey..." she tilted her head a kind expression dawning on her face.

"...Hey..."

Valentine.

Can't all mornings be like this?

I ask myself that but know the answer.

It's a dangerous game we're playing here, but as confirmed last night, it's a dangerous game we're willing to play until we can't anymore.

I leaned forward and took my phone off the table that was on.... 8 percent, great, and checked my messages.

A lot of them being from Sienna.

I pushed my hair back, pursing my lips and Ethan asked "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, just completely forgot to tell Sienna what was going on..." I said as I typed back a quick reply to her 23 messages.

"...which means I have to get to my apartment before she wakes up." I jumped up from the couch and headed towards the large closet room that had Ethan's dryer in to get my clothes, undoing the button on his shirt I was wearing as I went.

"Are you okay getting there?" I heard him ask.

I opened up the dryer and poked my head around the door frame

"Yeah, I'll take the T."

He raised a brow as he got up from the couch, going to the kitchen.

"Are you sure?"