The Peak Of Our Desires: AU1 Chapter 11

"Jackie, come on this is your second babysitting job! You can't bail!" I pleaded.

"I'm not...bailing, I just have somewhere I'd rather be." She smiled.

"But...money!" I said.

"That's why I'm not bailing. Because I need to ask you for a favour."

"Oh no..."

"Please! Look, I'll be back later before the parents come home and everything will be okay! You know I've wanted to get back into the dating scene and this could be a really great opportunity!" She gave me a sad pouting face.

"Jackie...You are so going to owe me big time for this." I rolled my eyes.

"Thank you! You are the best." She hugged me.

And Jackie doesn't do hugs so this is pretty major for her.

"Don't tell anyone I hugged you." She said as she pulled away, straightening herself out.

"Lips are sealed. Now, where's sienna. I'm going to need her help with this." I raised a brow.

"Her and the others are still working. You were on the early shift today, remember?"

God, how could I forget?

"How am I meant to do this alone!"

"Come on it'll be worth it, I'll give you a share of the money."

"You better." I smiled before pulling my phone out and scrolling through my contacts.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Ethan

"No." I said to Valentine on the phone.

"Come on Ethan! Please...This is for my friend whos in a tight spot with money. You know I would have called anyone and everyone else before I called you but they're all working. I can't do this alone."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes. "You are the top doctor of your year and a promising diagnostician but you cannot handle an infant?"

"I'm gonna be honest with you Doctor Ramsey, no."

I fought a smile and said "I'm only going to agree to do this since you didn't tell anyone about Edenbrooks problem."

"Oh thank you, Ethan! You will not regret this."

"I already am rookie." I said before sighing and hanging up.

Her heart is always in the right place, wanting to help people out. But to purposefully surround yourself with children you don't know? Why go through the torture.

I don't have a problem with Kids but babysitting never, ever goes to plan.

Ever.

Valentine.

"Thank you so much, Rose is an Angel. She'll take a while to fall asleep but usually doesn't make a fuss. Milk is in the fridge and anything else is in the cupboards. I'll be back at 11." The mother said to me and Jackie.

"Of course. See you then." Jackie smiled.

The mother grabbed her bag and left and soon, in front of us was a small baby.

"Aw, she's cute." I said.

"I guess. But I've had enough babysitting today with Gary to last me a lifetime." she placed her hands on her hips.

"Thought you two were going to have fun?" I teased.

"Oh he's a nightmare. an imbecile. He is soooo lucky that Ramsey is head of the diagnostics team now and doesn't have time for him." She raised a brow.