What We Could Have: AU1 Chapter 37.5

Ethan

I smiled to myself and shook my head as I turned away from the door.

Over the past few weeks, months even, it's become increasingly difficult to lie to myself, and to her. By pretending that two months away from her could possibly change everything that happened between us last year and all the feelings that started to develop in that time.

The feelings part, however, i'm still trying to work out for myself. But until then, I know what I want and more precisely, who I want...

And that is Valerie Valentine....

But we will have to talk. I mean, what does she want for us? how would we even go about having a relationship in the situation we're in? There are so many variables that need to be taken into account. And if my father hadn't have turned up, maybe we could have discussed those variables and-

I stop pacing in the entryway and stopped raking my hair.

"Dad." I muttered to myself in realisation he was still waiting for me upstairs.

Quickly, I made my way back up to my apartment, my head whirling with thoughts, ideas, problems and variables....but mainly, her....

Valentine

we kissed.

We actually.

Kissed.

And not a small itsy bitsy 'it was nice to see you' peck on the cheek or something.

A full making out whatever thing!

and i'm still shaking from it.

Still coming down from the high as I walk down the hall to the apartment.

"Deep breaths V. This is Ethan we're talking about. Maybe he will....say we have to 'reset' again." I said to myself, doing my amazing Ethan impression on the word 'reset' as I got my key out to open the door.

"There she is!"

I was greeted by Sienna, Elijah and Jackie who all sat at the table in the kitchen.

"hey everyone." I smiled.

"We come bearing a gift!" Sienna beamed as she went over to the counter and I took my seat.

"is it cookies? because I love si, but Im going to gain weight with all the baked goods." I whispered between jackie and elijah.

"Nah, this is something you'll really appreciate with your 'sophisticated palate.'" Jackie laughed.

I raised a brow and Sienna brought out a bottle with a flourish.

"Tada! one of the finest whiskeys we could find! with in our budget!" she said and we all laughed.

Sienna handed the bottle to me that had a black ribbon around the neck and I said "Aw thank you guys...Let's save this. for a special occasion." I nodded/

"for example?" Elijah raised a brow.

"we'll know when it happens! I know today was special with the softball game, but this...opening this will signify something greater." i smiled.

"Good idea! I'll hide it in the back somewhere." sienna said as I handed back to her.

"Now, as much as I would loooove to converse. im beat. and need to sleep since im going in early tomorrow. congrats again V." Jackie smiled.