Never Again, They Gave Us Two Shots to the Back of the Head

okay I want you to imagine you're still reading ASOTM.

and then in the end, in the epilogue, this happens instead if frank in denial, mmk?

spoiler alert too for people who haven't read it

-

When the time come and Frank was discharged, he looked back at Bluestone one last time before heading inside the car and taken back to his home, where his parents resided.

He grabbed both of the skeleton fingerless gloves that he wore on both hands and threw them down on the car seat, the gloves stained with tears.

Frank never believed that Gerard died. Of all people, of course, Frank loved him and he never was able to tell Gerard that, but he truly did. He accepted Gerard's 'theory' of being able to fix people, replace memories.

He couldn't think about getting around this memory, though. A scar now implanted in his brain, a mental scar. Stuck there until the end of time.

It was hard to get rid of and forget about for several days, months, years, in fact, that it haunted him everyday of his waking life. It was easier to act angry instead of pour out the truth, but when he picked up the phone expecting to hear Markman again by that familiar phone number, his heart broke.

Frank grunted, obviously annoyed by whoever it was behind the line that somehow found his number and called him. "Hello, Frank-Fucking-Iero here."

"Frank," The somewhat familiar voice said from the other line.

"It's been a long time."

Frank dropped the phone, only to have tears streaming down his face by the voice of his, seemingly dead, friend.