twenty-nine

Bruises on his chest and stomach and back,slit mark scars on his arms,and his wrists bruised up around.

Taehyun wanted to asked what happened but he decided not to,the older needed comfort.He wiped Beomgyu's upper body,his arms,his face,his back,and then his hair.After wiping him dry,he dressed the raven haired boy with a shirt and also helped him change his pants into a pair of pajamas.

The older boy never stopped crying and murmuring "I miss him" and "It's all my fault" repeatedly.Taehyun didn't know what to do.So instead,

He hugged him.

And for the first time,Beomgyu didn't resist.He even hugged back while still crying.

"It's all my fault,Taehyun.I miss him so much." Beomgyu cried out.

"Shhh,it's not your fault." Taehyun said,caressing the other boy's hair,hoping to calm him down.

They stayed there for a few minutes,Beomgyu crying,Taehyun whispering sweet things while rubbing the older's back and caressing his hair.It is until Beomgyu calmed down and even fell asleep on Taehyun's shoulder.As the younger heard the soft snores that came from Beomgyu,he carefully placed him in his bed to lay him down.He then lied down next to him and just caressed the older's hair on one hand,while the other wrapping around Beomgyu's waist.

Soon enough,Taehyun fell asleep like that.

The next morning arrived when Taehyun woke up and decided to cook breakfast for Beomgyu.When the latter woke up,he greeted him a 'good morning' and made him eat the breakfast.

"Beomgyu,can you tell me what happened?"

Flasback time

Beomgyu grew up in a wealthy family.He had more than enough clothes and toys,he was lucky to have more than three meals in a day,he already had a bank account full of savings at a young age,he had a lot of friends,he was smart,he was handsome,his life was perfect.

Well,was it really perfect?

It wasn't.

His parents were always busy with work,always out of town,always had their faces buried on a pile of paperworks.Beomgyu wanted to get attention from his parents,but sadly,he didn't get any.

He was only 8 years old,and he wanted to receive some love.

Luckily for him,he had a brother.An older brother.

Despite their 8-year gap,they were close.Like really close.As in i-got-your-back-bro kind of close or partners-in-crime kind of closeness.

They really were partners in crime.Like for example,when he caught his brother sneaking out at night,he promised not to tell their parents,and he kept his promise.Or when his brother had a crush,they talked about it endlessly,of course secretly,because if their parents knew then it would be punishment for his brother.

Their parents was strict as hell.They would pressure both of their sons to always be at the top of the class.They wanted their children to get high grades every time,and if they failed to do so,well...

Their father would drag them to their rooms,his hand gripping firmly and harshly on either of his sons' arm,then tying both of their arms with a soldier's rope to the frame of the bed.Then he would get his belt and constantly whip their backs until it would bruise badly.Both of the brothers couldn't do anything but cry and beg to stop.

(a/n: soldier's rope is what soldiers use for their training,basically it's very thick and heavy,idk if that's the name tho:/)

(also,whips from belts are so painful,so poor beom and his brother:<)