forty-four

Taehyun was no different.He didn't go to school for a week,he was always crying,he didn't eat,he didn't bother to come out of his bed.Kai tried calling him,but he kept rejecting the calls.Eventually,his tall friend visited him,asking why he wasn't answering or even going to school.

"He broke up with me,Kai." Taehyun said,started crying for the nth time. "I don't know what I did."

Kai immediately wrapped his arms around his blonde friend,gently rubbing the latter's back to soothe him. "Shhh,it's gonna be okay Taehyun.Let it all out."

This was the first time he saw Taehyun like this.He really loved Beomgyu by state he's in right now,Kai thought.

"I don't know what happened,we were just being sweet,then a man in a dress suit came,and then Beomgyu pushed me,and he was telling the man that it was a misunderstanding,denying me as his boyfriend,then he told me to go,then after a few minutes later,he called me and broke up with me.I don't know what happen,was the man his other boyfriend?Or lover?Kai I don't know what to do without him,I love him so much." he ranted.

"I'm so sorry Taehyun,I wasn't here for you sooner.It'll be alright Taehyunnie."

(it'll be alright,alright,alright tududududu dudu dudu dududududu alright)

(ok lmao sorry I'll stop)

Kai kept rubbing his hand on Taehyun's back,whispering comforting words to calm the older.Soon enough Taehyun fell in a deep slumber.

'Why did you do this,Beomgyu hyung?Why did you hurt Taehyunnie?' he thought.

He settled to confront Beomgyu after he confirmed that Taehyun would be alright by himself.He set the food on the blonde's nightstand,and wrote a note,saying 'I'll be going home Taehyunnie,eat this and try to sleep more,take care!:p'

—some time later—

He arrived at Beomgyu's house(which is now empty,but Kai didn't know that)and rang the doorbell.

"Beomgyu!" he yelled,saying the older's name informally.

When no one was answering,he knocked on the door furiously and shouted again, "Open the fucking door Beomgyu!"

He tried calling him on his phone,but to no avail,the line didn't connect.

Kai got frustrated,so instead,he thought of Soobin,he was Beomgyu's childhood friend so he might get some information of where Beomgyu was.

He knocked on Soobin's apartment door,and a few seconds later,the door opened,revealing Yeonjun.

"Kai?"

"Where's Soobin hyung?" Kai pushed Yeonjun out of his way and entered the apartment.

"Kai,I don't think it's a good ide—"

"Where's Beomgyu?" Kai asked,and as he looked at Soobin,he was shocked.

"What happened to you Soobin hyung?" Kai asked,his voice softening as he saw his friend's state.Bruises all over his face,the edge of his lips had a wound,and his left eye barely opening from the black eye.

"Beomgyu's dad.Last week." Soobin weakly said.

"What?What do you mean?"

Soobin sighed before telling Kai the story.

—flashback last week—

Soobin started walking home alone,since Yeonjun had a project,Kai went home early,and Beomgyu,well he was with Taehyun.He was waiting for the bus at the shed,until a very familiar car passed by him.

"Beomgyu's dad?" he thought.

He saw the car stop at a hidden spot near his school,and being the curious person he is,he decided to check on what the hell was Beomgyu's dad doing here.

He regretted it.

He saw a girl standing in front of the car,talking to Beomgyu's dad,which was familiar too.

"Isn't that...the girl who gave Beomgyu gifts a while ago?What was she doing?" he muttered to himself.

He approached slowly,hiding so he won't be seen.

"It's confirmed,Mr. Choi.Your son is dating someone.Kang Taehyun."

"Okay." was all Beomgyu's father said,and threw an envelope on the ground,which was full of cash.

The girl immediately picked up the envelope,and her eyes lit up when she saw the money.She went away and linked arms with a boy that looked like his boyfriend.

"What..the..fuck.." Soobin muttered.

"Soobin." the man in the car called the mentioned boy.He was definitely scared,cold sweat started trickling down his face.

"U-uncle..." Soobin stuttered,fear evident on his voice. "I'm sorry to eavesd—"

"It's fine,Soobin.Come with me."

He had no choice but to obey.He entered the car and Beomgyu's father gave a look on his driver and the latter nodded and started driving.

Soobin was definitely scared.

(πーπ)i tried to make each chapter longer than usual