You were right here all along

Mirrors - Justin Timberlake

Shawn's POV
September 2019

I made sure to be alone and away from the curious and annoying paps that were wandering around the airport before picking my phone and texting Camila. I had claimed my luggage and I was already waiting for my ride to go straight to her house.

[S: I'm here baby]

[C: I can't wait to see you]

I licked my lips thinking about how I was about to kiss her mouth again and a smile made its way on my face at the end.

"See you soon, man", Jake said and grabbed his own ride to his hotel.

I looked out the window while I drove the busy streets of L.A. Everything looked so bright and good sometimes, specially when I was about to be reunited with Camila again. It was like my heart was pumping faster, my lungs needed more air and I had to blink more often to make sure everything was real, and even though my body had the same reaction when I was feeling anxious, this was some sweet, kind, empowering type of anxiety. She really made me feel things in a way I hadn't felt before.

[C: Are you close?]

I was maybe just five to ten minutes away from her house. I melted thinking that she was just as anxious and excited about seeing me like I was with her. What perfect reality was I living now?

[S: Almost there]

"We're here", the driver said when we stopped the car. I smile and looked at him through the mirror above his head.

"Thank you so much, man", I told him.

"I think she's waiting for you", he pointed out at Camila standing outside the gate of her house with a white summer dress and barefoot.

"Yeah, I'm a lucky guy", I said and get out as I saw him nod in agreement.

She waited while I took my luggage from the behind the car. She looked amazing, her wavy long hair cascading through her shoulders and her eyes shining reflecting the sunlight.

"Hi", she said slowly and I walked up to her and my ride went away.

"Hi", I replied and put my things on the ground to grab her chin and pull it up to kiss her full, soft lips.

Her arms moved to my neck and I felt the weight of her body against mine when she stood on her tiptoes to deepen the kiss.

"I missed you", she whispered.

"I missed you too".

I put my stuff inside and followed her to the kitchen later where she had been hanging before I arrived.

"What were you doing?", I asked her looking around at the bowls, pans and cutlery that were cleaned but had obviously been used.

"Nothing... I was just, you know, trying my hand at cooking", she explained putting the things away.

"And, what did you cook?"

"I more like baked. I tried to make banana bread".

"Tried?", I asked confused.

"Yeah", she replied not looking at me.

"And where is it?"

"In the oven, I just put it there", she shrugged.

"Really? I can't wait to try it", I said and she finally stopped moving and looked at me.

"Maybe it's not good. I'm not the best in the kitchen and I hadn't cooked or baked anything in so long", she sat on a stool and I joined her on the one next to her.