All we need is a little patience

Patience - Chris Cornell

Camila's POV
September 2019

"What are you doing?", I asked Shawn looking at his face on my phone.

"Nothing", he murmured. "Probably just sightseeing for a bit and then getting ready to get on the road again".

"How is there?", I asked him excited.

"It's amazing. You would love it here", he smiled.

"It looks like it", I smiled back.

"What are you doing?", he asked me back while he fixed his hair.

"I'm going to sleep", I told him. It was early for him, but it was getting late for me.

"Just sleep?", he raised his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?", I asked him confused but toying with the playful tone on his voice.

"You know...", he whispered and then licked his lips mischievously.

"Oh my God", I laughed at what he was implying. "How can you do when you have so many people around?"

"It's a gift", he shrugged and smiled. "But you didn't answered my question".

"Yes, I'm just sleeping", I tried to assure him. "Maybe if you were here..."

"Ugh, Camila", he groaned like if he was in pain but then paid attention back to me with a cute, childish smile. "You know I'd be with you if I could, baby".

"I know", I whispered.

"What are you doing tomorrow?", he changed the topic for our own sake.

"Attending more events and interviews", I told him and looked out at the window to check the Eiffel tower lighting up the night sky.

"Busy day then?", he tilted his head.

"Yup", I answered shortly.

"But you're doing great. I've seen some pictures", he said.

"You have?", I opened my eyes and my cheeks start to blush. When I saw my face turning red on the corner of my phone screen, I blush harder.

"Yeah", he admitted shyly and also blushed a bit.

"I saw some videos from yesterday's q&a", I told him.

"Really? What videos?", he raised his eyebrows.

"You talked about us", I teased and Shawn looked to the side before a smile curved his lips.

"Is that ok?", he asked me softly.

All I wanted to do in that moment was to hold his face between my hands and kiss him again and again to show him how ok I was with that. To us, our fans had a very special place in our hearts and the fact that he felt he could talk about us with them, warmed my heart.

"It's completely fine", I said.

"Good...", he sighed relieved. "I figured since they were asking so much, they deserved to have real answers this time".

"How did you feel?"

"It was nice. They care, you know? And they were really cool about it".

"That's good", I smiled again. "And how was the show?"

"Great. Everything is fine", he told me. "I get tired and a bit frustrated sometimes, but that's normal, I guess".

"Yeah, but you can tell me when things don't feel right, you are allowed to feel that way", I said.