Todoroki With A Good Family

[A.N: In this AU, Shoto has a good family and all the abuse and things that were done to him never happened. (Also, if you don't celebrate Christmas, I'm very sorry.) Also, I'm not going to mention Toya simply because of spoilers and the fact that I haven't read the manga and Season 5 isn't out yet, so yeah. Shoto just has his older brother and sister in this AU and I guess you could say that Toya doesn't exist here or he still just ran away anyway, that's your choice. SO! Without any further ado, let's begin...]

Shoto was lying on his bed in his dorm, wondering what his life would have been like if the things that were done to him never even happened. He pondered what his selfish father would have been like if he wasn't constantly pushing Shoto to surpass him and All Might himself.

Shoto reached up and touched the scar over his left eye, the skin not quite feeling like the rest of him. The sight in his left eye was a little off. Shoto merely brushed it off as a side effect of when he was burned.

He sighed, wishing all the things in his past were only part of a nightmare.

'If only this was some sort of a dream,' he thought. 'Then maybe things would be different.'

Shoto sat up and went to his window, looking out over the cold night. He's always like the cold, never really been partial heat. Shoto watched as little white flakes of snow flitted past his window, occasionally becoming stuck on his window sill.

He leaned against the edge of his window, wondering what would happen if he were at home at this very moment. It was nearing Christmas and his family never was one for partaking in festivities. His father normally would never let Shoto and his siblings decorate for the holidays, especially after when his mother left. 'Holidays are a waste of time and money.' his father would say when Shoto would ask about the upcoming Christmas holiday.

But still, every year Shoto would hope his father would allow some kind of celebration. He remembered when his older siblings would bring him small goodies and treats they were able to sneak home from school Christmas parties. He remembered when they taught him how to make small Christmas wreaths and paper poinsettias as well as good hiding places for them. Shoto always wished to have a holiday like he'd seen on advertisements and heard about from kids at school.

There was a tap against the window, pulling Shoto from his memories.

'What was that?' he wondered. Then he heard it again.

Shoto leaned closer to the glass that separated him from the falling snow. A white bird no bigger than a pigeon came flying full speed at the glass.

'What is it doing?'

Suddenly, the bird collided with the glass and shattered through, sending glass shards flying in all directions before landing on the floor. Shoto shut his eyes and shielded himself from the glass.

There was a bright light and then Shoto couldn't see. He blinked and saw a girl in a white dress and white wings in place of the dove. She stood up and brushed the snow and glass from her wings and dress.

"Who... who are you?" Shoto asked the strange girl.

"My name is Dove and I-... give me one sec." Dove waved her hands over the broken glass and it repaired itself. Shoto looked at Dove in slight amazement. There wasn't even so much as a hairline crack in the window.

Dove shook her wings of the now melted snowflakes, sending a couple droplets to land around her and on Shoto.

"Sorry, now, as I was saying... I am Dove and I'm here to grant you a wish."