Chapter 46

The rest of the ride back to Auradon Prep was awkwardly quiet, and Teagan chose to watch the trees fly by.

She noticed that they were getting closer to the school, and she looked over and watched as Ben and Mal were staring in opposite directions.

Teagan looked over at Evie and asked her, "Did you ever finish my dress for Cotillion?" Evie and Carlos looked at their friend and raised their eyebrows. "Okay, this silence was making me feel uncomfy, so I decided to say something."

"Uncomfy?" Carlos questioned. He moved in closer to Teagan's ear and said to her, "You should be up in the front with Jay.. I know that he wants to go to Cotillion with you."

"I highly doubt that." Teagan replied, looking over her shoulder and seeing Jay and Lonnie laughing.

~

A few minutes later, they arrived back at Auradon Prep, and everyone got out of the limo without saying a word.

Evie saw how jealous Teagan was with Jay and Lonnie together, and held onto her arm as they walked back towards the dorm; with the rest of their friends following them.

"I'll get these back to the gym." Lonnie stated to Jay, to which he responded with a thank you. She walked back towards the gym, and Teagan couldn't be happier that the daughter of Mulan and Shang was finally gone.

"Ben there you are!" Jane exclaimed as she walked towards the King. "Cotillion's tonight. Come here."

Teagan, and the rest of the group, watched as Mal stood there awkwardly as she waited for Ben to be done talking with Jane.

"Do what you need to do." Ben told Mal, and with that, Evie unhooked her arm with Teagan's and walked over to Mal, and said something to her.

They started to walk away but Carlos stopped them by saying, "No."

Mal and Evie looked back at Carlos in shock, and Evie repeated what he said as a question, "No?"

"You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl-talk stuff or whatever," Carlos looked over at Jay and Teagan and then back at Mal and Evie, "And Jay, Teagan and I are tired of it."

"I'm not." Jay replied, which Teagan elbowed him in the ribs and shook her head.

"I've always found it annoying." Teagan stated.

Carlos nodded his head at Teagan and then continued talking, "We're your family, too. We've been through a lot," he paused, "together. I'm not stopping that now. Okay?"

Mal nodded her head, and Carlos smiled.

He looked at everybody and said, "Everybody, sit."

Carlos sat down on the grass, and Teagan couldn't help but start laughing, but after a second, she sat down, too. When the rest of their friends didn't sit down, he said, "Come on."

Mal, Evie and Jay eventually sat down and they all sat in silence for a minute.

"I don't know how to start girl talk." Carlos stated. He looked over at Teagan and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Does it look like I have ever been a part of girl talk before?" Teagan asked the boy and he replied by rolling his eyes.

Jay then shrugged his shoulders and asked, "What up?"

Evie and Teagan both chuckled at Jay's comment, but Mal took a deep breath and looked away from the group.

"Um.. Well," Mal started, "I'm a mess. I'm such a mess."

Everyone laughed while Teagan said, "I could have told you that, M."

Evie put her hand on Mal's shoulder, and the purple haired girl continued talking, "Six months ago, I was, you know, stealing candy from babies. And now, everybody wants me to be this Lady of the Court, and I have no idea how to keep up the act."

"Then don't keep up the act." Teagan replied.

"See? This was dumb." Jay was starting to get up off the grass but Evie stopped him by saying, "Maybe it wasn't."

Evie looked over at Mal and held onto her hand, "We're always going to be the kids from the Isle," she looked over at Teagan, "Or the kid from another realm," Teagan smiled at her friend. "I tried to forget it, I really tried, but those are our roots, and we all did what we had to do to survive."

"That sounds a lot like something Killian Jones would say. Ew." Teagan stated to herself.

Evie continued, "But it made us who we are, and we're never gonna be like anybody else here, and that's okay," she paused, "That's okay."

"And we can't fake it." Carlos went on.

"Yeah, I mean, especially without my spell book." Mal sighed.

"I never forgot my roots. Hell, I cut off Harry's hand for fuck sakes," Teagan stated. She looked right at Mal, "If you can't be yourself around your own boyfriend then you shouldn't be with him."

Carlos looked over at Teagan and told her, "You aren't exactly helping this situation, Teagan."

She exhaled and continued, "What I meant is that if he doesn't love the real you, then he doesn't deserve you. We've all tried to hide our past selves because you are afraid that the person wouldn't like that side of you, but that side is what makes you who you are. Honestly, if Ben doesn't love every part of you," she laughed, "Sorry... That came out sexual.... I meant-"

Carlos cut her off to say, "If Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one."

"I like that." Evie responded with a smile.

"I liked mine better." Teagan whispered to herself. Jay heard the comment and laughed at her.

Evie reached over for Mal's hand and looked her in the eyes, "I'm gonna make some changes to your dress, and if you're up for it, only if you're up for it, it'll be waiting for you, okay?"

Mal nodded her head and Evie leaned over and gave her friend a hug. Evie looked at Carlos and mouthed, "thank you."

"Come on, buddy." Carlos stated to Carlos as everyone but Mal got off of the ground.

Teagan looked over at her friend and said, "You know.. I have had my share of shitty boyfriends, but I can tell that Ben truly loves you."

"I can say the same about Jay." Mal replied. "Go. I'll be okay."

Teagan nodded her head and fully got off the ground. She noticed that Jay came back towards Mal.

"Teag, can you wait here for a minute?" Jay asked his ex in which she nodded her head.

She watched as Jay kneeled down next to Mal and started talking to her. Teagan stood there looking around the campus of Auradon. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around, and saw James standing there.

"I'm not in the mood to fight with you, right now." Teagan told her other ex boyfriend. "And I also will not talk about Sierra or Jay."

"I wasn't coming to pick a fight with you, Teag." James responded. "I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to Cotillion with me?" 

~~~

AN: This story is almost finished! I never thought that this story would get any reads, but I am glad that people are enjoying it! 

I hope everyone has a safe Holiday! 

Question: How do you think Teagan would reply to James' question?