Chapter 3

Teagan trailed behind Jay and continued to tune out Ben. She was pulled out of the group by someone. She looked up and saw James' brown eyes staring down at her.

"Why weren't you effected by my ice magic?" James questioned.

"Um.." Teagan trailed off by staring in the distance. Usually that worked with her friends, but it didn't work with James. He stared at her waiting for her response. She huffed and opened up her hands, and a ball of magic flew up into the air; making a a few fireworks appear. Everyone around them looked around to see who did that. James looked at Teagan in amazement. She pulled his jacket that he was wearing closer to her, "You tell anyone about this and I will make you regret ever talking to me." 

"You don't scare me, Teagan." James smiled. "But I haven't met someone with unique powers like me, so this is really big for me." 

"I would appreciate it if you keep it to yourself. The last time I told someone about my powers-" She stopped herself to huff- loudly. "I'll see you around, James." She started to walk away but she didn't exactly know where she was walking to. She turned around to James and stated, "Since you were the one who took me away from the group-" 

James stopped Teagan's rant by laughing, and he walked by her, taking her hand in his and lead her where he thought the group would end up. "Don't you have a girlfriend?" 

"It's complicated, sweetheart." 

"Okay, don't ever call me sweetheart, dearie." Teagan stated with a little bit of annoyance audible in her voice. "Can you just take me to my friends and then you can go back to your 'girlfriend', and we will limit our time together." 

"I don't think I can stop seeing you knowing what I know." He smiled. "But I will leave you alone if that's what you wish." 

"That is what I wish." 

"Okay." James replied. He walked her inside Auradon Prep and looked around for her friends but no one was there. "I guess they took them to your dorm rooms. Just stay here for a second and I'll ask Doug for your room assignment." 

"I don't have anywhere to go so you're good." 

A few minutes later James came back with her room assignment; she was apparently staying in the same room as Evie and Mal, which she was very relieved about. James took her up to the room and stopped when they arrived at the door; he turned to look at her and smiled: 

"And we're here to casa de Teagan." He joked, which didn't really make any sense for Teagan, but she laughed anyway to make James not feel awkward. "I'll see you around, Teagan." 

"Right." 

Teagan then turned to the door and opened it. When she entered her room she was disgusted at the color and the designs all around the room. "Ew, why in the world is the drapes princess pink?" 

"That's what I was saying." Mal responded. "And where were you at? We couldn't find you." 

"Oh, right. That guy James pulled me over to talk to me." Teagan stated. She watched as her two friends stared at her, "No, I'm not about to date him. He's too nice for little ol' me." 

"After everything that happened to you on the Isle, I think you need a nice guy." Evie responded. "I mean when was the last time you met a decent guy?" 

"Never. They all ended up being jack a*ses ." Teagan laughed when Evie smacked her arm for swearing. 

"By the way the boys are coming over in a few minutes to talk about your sudden powers." Mal said.  

"Sounds like a blast," Teagan laughed. 

~

The girls heard a knock at the door and Teagan huffed. She knew that a bunch of questions were about to be asked, and she had no idea how to answer them. How can she tell them something that she doesn't really understand. 

Jay and Carlos walked into the door. They both looked at Teagan but she didn't answer. Carlos sighed and said: 

"Sierra told us some scary stuff about you, Teagan." Carlos stated. "You need to answer one simple question: who are you?"