one

another day, another shift at work. soobin sighed as he made another cup of an americano with four shots of espresso. 
" na jaemin! your order is up," soobin called. the said male came up to the counter and took his order.
" stop drinking this so much, nana,"
the latter only shrugged, " keeps me alive," soobin rolled his eyes. jaemin was a regular customer at the café he was working at and usually comes by with his boyfriend, lee jeno.

soobin sighed and wondered when he would be able to get a boyfriend. a few years back, he came out to his foster parents which resulted in him getting kicked out of the house. luckily, his best friend, beomgyu agreed to let him stay at his apartment if soobin paid half the rent.

the time came for soobin's shift to be over. by then, it was already midnight. he cleaned up the café, arranging the chairs where it was before and cleaned the tables. he locked the doors and walked his normal route to the bar, where he was working part-time as well, to make ends meet.

🌋🗻🌨🗡

ugh, i don't want stinky old men coming near me this time. why can't a rich ceo just show up or something.

then, his biggest nightmare was becoming reality. as he was walking through the dark alley, he noticed a shadow, coming closer and closer and closer.

he started walking faster.
then the footsteps started following him faster.

he stopped walking, clearly frightened. shaking, he turned around.THUD. soobin was thrown against a wall. then, he saw drunkards standing in front of him. probably coming from his workplace, seeing as it was close by.

" hey faggot, use that pretty mouth of yours to good use, eh. " one of them said while the rest chuckled giddily. something about their laughs were so sickening. and soobin forgot to breathe, too terrified. knowing what was about to happen, he gave in. he gave in, he'd rather live than die from getting beaten for defying them. although it wasn't what he wanted to do, what other choice does he have? no one else was in the alley. if he were to report it to the police, they wouldn't believe him. 

tears welled up his eyes as he knelt down in front of the drunk man. " p-please, l-let me g-go!" his last hope was to scream. his last hope to keep his dignity. 

" SHUT UP! STOP SCREAMING AND START WORKING!" the drunkard snapped. before he knew it, he saw the male's hand go up. squinting his eyes shut, he waited for the harsh impact. but it never came. he slowly opened his eyes to see another male dressed in all black putting the drunkard in a chokehold, turning him blue and unconscious. soobin let everything sink in as he layed there. the other walked up to him.
" hey, you good there ?" he asked. soobin nodded his head. " y-yeah im totally fine." soobin said, sniffling. obviously, still shocked. walking away, the other male stared at soobin's back, fading into the darkness. 

and he reached the bar, working his ass off as a bartender. serving drink after drinks to stinky AND ugly old men. the doorbell chime rings as someone enters the bar.
" welcome-" soobin greeted while turning his focus to the customer. there, he saw him. widening his eyes as the male sat down at the counter seat, right in front of him.
" well, aren't you going to take my order, cutie?" soobin breathed in, trying his best not to stutter and make himself look like an idiot. " w-what can i-i get you?" obviously, that failed. terribly. the other male smirked. " a glass of gin, please. no mixer." he said while smiling. soobin got to work, preparing his order. surprisingly, the male stayed until closing time. 

" want a ride?" soobin stared at him then stared at the big bike then back at him. " yeah, no thank you. i can get home myself." soobin smiled as he walked away. but the man didn't give up. he started the bike and followed him closely. which gave soobin a strange feeling of safety. 

weird. he thought, as he opened his apartment door. looking out the window, he saw the bike racing off the opposite direction.

AYO WHATS UP. i doubt anybody would be reading this but thanks cql groupchat for encouraging me.