thirteen

they stared at each other in silence, as soobin waited for yeonjun's explanation.
" where do i start...?" yeonjun asked himself. soobin, not wanting any tension between them, brought them to the stage stairs to sit and calmly started the conversation.

" maybe start with your name, bub." yeonjun sighed as he played with his hands. " its okay if you're not comfortable with telling me, babe. i know we haven't known each other that long yet."
" no, its not that. i just- i don't know- im scared you'll hate me for lying to you about something as simple as my name." soobin took yeonjun's hands into his. caressing it slowly, playing with his fingers.
" im sure you had your own reasons for that." soobin gently put yeonjun's head onto his shoulders. yeonjun sighed again.
" my name is daniel choi... im asian american. well, as you know my korean name is choi yeonjun."
soobin nodded his head in understanding. " is there a reason why you didn't tell me your name?"
" well, no. not exactly. i just don't like it when someone calls me daniel but the younglings always do anyway. i try to keep calm but sometimes when i get mad, i would just lock myself in my room if we're over at the mansion." yeonjun explained. he felt the memories flood back into his mind. it was painful. painful to reminisce the moments he spent with that bitch. but well, he can't change the past now, can he? so he lived with it. drowned himself in alcohol and clubs and one-night stands. you know, the typical ' i went through a breakup and now im a bad boy heartbreaker' type of shit.

" well.... was there a reason for that?"
" it was..five years ago. and uh.. i had a girl. she was...my everything. she was my first girlfriend, my first kiss, my first everything. i gave her everything i could offer. my damn money, my car, my first bike, my card, my body. everything you can think of. the first few months of us dating, all was good. we were the couple everybody wanted to be. i mean, i was the captain of the school volleyball team and she was, well. a cheerleader." soobin looked confused. " wait..you went to college?" yeonjun chuckled.
" yes, yes i did go to college. was majoring in medicine." soobin looked at him, baffled. he couldn't imagine. yeonjun, a gangster, went to college, and majored in medicine. damn, i got myself a doctor?

" anyways, yeah all was good. until, she started to become really overbearing. like, overprotective and stuff. she would want to know where i was, what time i was gonna go home, she would know my passwords and shit. every damn training the team had, she was there. like, i get it. we train with the girls and they got ass and shit, but im pretty sure they was gay as fuck. and im not the type of guy to stare at someone while i got someone. that ain't my type of shit." soobin hummed in response, signaling he was listening to him.

yeonjun continued, " there was once i went out with a volleyball girl because she needed help picking out kneepads and shoes and stuff. and my girl was like asking me to send pictures and stuff. she even asked for a 360 video of who i was with. like, i was there together with her damn girlfriend. she's gay! and she thought i was gonna cheat on her. we had a big argument and she threatened that if i left her, she would kill herself." soobin grunted. " ew. what the fuck."
" i know right. dang, if i had known my ass was gonna be in much more misery back then, bet i wouldn't even hesitate to stab her." soobin giggled, ruffling yeonjun's hair. yeonjun didn't even know soobin was playing with his hair until he stopped talking for awhile. they sat in silence for awhile.

" she spread rumors about me. said i was cheating on her. all because i found out about her not-so-innocent study session with the basketball captain. she didn't want to be exposed as a slut. and well turns out she just wanted me for my wealth. she twisted the story and made it look like i was just using her for her body. she just wanted me to suffer. i don't know why. i never did anything wrong. everybody believed her. and i was well, the person everybody hated on that year. i lost my scholarship. i lost the chance to be in korea's volleyball national team. i lost my internship with the best hospital in america. i became..depressed. had to take alot of therapy classes. and alot of pills. until i found alcohol. completely lost myself. dropped out of college. and well.... here i am." soobin held yeonjun tighter.

" but... why would she attack you even after she got what she wanted?" yeonjun grinned cheekily. " she found out i had a boyfriend and was pissed that i moved on from her relatively quick. i mean, i changed everything about myself in a year." soobin chuckled.
" that's...really nice to hear. that she's bothered that you're having a good life." yeonjun sighed. " well, i don't really have a good life. i go around killing people to put them into their place, although they were criminals, i can't sleep well at night. it haunts me. im a bad guy."

" well, i don't necessarily think that." soobin said.

" i wanna be your sleeping pill."

i wanted something that kinda links with yeonjun's problem. i just can't believe its a sleeping pill. dont ask. i dont know either. someone come collect me 👁💧👄💧👁