Distance

Win

I took a look at the photos Manaow and Pruk sent to me. It made me smile since they constantly update me about Nong even if I don't ask. Even Pharm sends me photos from time to time to show how Nong was doing. I was lucky to have thoughtful friends. It was only Dean who hadn't joined the updates even though he promised to look after Nong. He only asked me how I was abroad once and reminded me to take care. To think that he's my bestfriend and that was all I got from him. Bastard. 

I scrolled on the bunch of photos and saw that it was still the same old crowd that we used to spend time with, except that there was a new addition

I scrolled on the bunch of photos and saw that it was still the same old crowd that we used to spend time with, except that there was a new addition. I don't remember meeting her before but I assumed that she must be a freshman. She looked awfully close with Nong. I tried to search within myself if I felt jealous or curious as I dialed his number.

"Wadee, Nong. What are you doing?", I asked him as I stepped inside a restaurant to eat brunch.

Street foods weren't very prominent near my loft unlike at the dormitory in Thailand. It's even hard to find a district in England that was similar. I had to even allot some time just to visit Chinatown so I can taste something close to home. I miss home. I was craving for authentic Thai cuisine that's strewn on the streets of Bangkok. I badly wanted to go home.

"I'm at the shop now, doing some inventory.", he told me as I flipped through the menu on my table.

"I'm sick.", I told him and traced my fingers on the menu without even thinking on which dish I should choose. 

I heard him pause on the other line, "Do you want to go home?". 

I smiled when he immediately understood I was homesick

I smiled when he immediately understood I was homesick. I sighed and leaned on the chair. It was a quite morning in the restaurant and it wasn't packed with diners unlike during late hours when people usually unwind after a hard day's work.

"Should I?", I asked him, still waiting for him to say the word so I could drop out and purchase a ticket home.

"There's only a few months left..", he was contemplating.

I straightened up in my seat and waved for the waiter, "Chai.. I don't have to worry about anything, right?".

He suddenly became quite. I tried to listen if he was hesitating but I heard someone in the background. The waiter was already standing by my table and I pointed at the dishes I wanted as they took notes.