*Things*

Team

The swimming club members were divided into three groups. The beginners, intermediate, and advanced division. The junior club members were tasked to oversee the training of the beginners and intermediate division along with other sophomores.

The advanced division were composed of me, Mew, Hia, P'Pruk, P'Dean and Min. The three of us and P'Pruk were candidates for the upcoming meet on October. They were pitching us for the nationals.

We've been trying since last year but we had no luck. Coach Guy was optimistic this time since we have Min as an addition. Their goal is to have at least one of us to represent our university.

Hia and P'Dean were there to act as representatives for coach. Our coach needs the help juggling between the club and academe since he's also a professor in our university that handles other duties within the campus.

He got demoralized last year since he felt he was incompetent and thought about giving up the swimming club but Hia and P'Dean encouraged him not to. They offered to support coach until they graduate which is what they're doing now.

"You need to prepare your bodies properly before you dive into the pool.", P'Dean reminded us.

P'Dean instructed us on the basic blood flow stretching routine while Hia oversees that we were doing it right.

"We need to make sure that your muscles have adequate blood supply. They need to be warm and supple before you swim.", P'Dean continued.

We were at the shoulder touches position now as he passed by again. We had to do every position forty seconds to one minute each. Hia tapped my back to make me correct my posture.

"Make sure to make your movement bigger to allow more blood flow.", P'Dean said while pacing back and forth alternately with Hia.

By the time we were on the bent over hugs, Hia was already guiding Min to the correct positions. My ears twitched as I watched him wrap his arms around the transferee.

"Focus, Team!", P'Dean draws my attention to him.

I nodded and looked back at Hia and Min. He became aware that I was giving them an eyeful and he immediately let go of Min. I looked away and focused on the routine.

"The warmer you feel and more awake you become, the better the flow of fuel and nutrients to your muscles.", P'Dean passed by me again.

I was feeling warmer alright. But I'm not sure if I was warm from the routine or from what I saw.

"Continue the routine for ten minutes to maximize the benefit.", P'Dean commanded instead of urging us.

We did so, up until the last part where we crossed our body while we swing our legs. After this, we would warm up in the pool. We shook our body lose after the swings to get ready for a swim when I suddenly felt a stinging slap with a matching grip on my behind.

I saw Hia grinning and taunting me to retort which I did. I showered him with explicits as I grabbed our coats that we left on the side benches and threw it at him with force. He dodged every single one of them and ran away but I didn't retreat and went after him.

"Oooh! I feel my ears are starting to bleed with all those cursed words.", Mew rubbed his ears as the shouting echoed around the pool.

"What's up with those two?", Min asked Mew.

Mew laughed as he watched the pair run around in zig zag by the pool side now, "Nah. It's normal. P'Win always teases Team. You should get used to it."

Min kept on eyeing the two and shook his head.

"Don't you think there's something between them?", the new kid was still wondering.