Ways

Win

I stirred myself awake. The weekend has already passed and we were nearing the half term break. We need to get everything finalized this week for the Welcoming Retreat at my resort.

This would be our last retreat as senior members. The next time that we see neophytes from the swimming club, we would be an alumni.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Nong leaning on the headboard and staring at me. I smiled at him and wondered how long he's been at it. He didn't even shy away that I caught him at his own moment.

I reached out to ruffle his hair and he just let me. I pulled myself closer to him and snuggled near his waist.

We've been coaching their division closely in preparation for the October Meet which gave me and Nong more time to be together. But once the new month rolls in, our time together will be based on the meet results and the load of academic tasks our professors would be providing graduating students.

The advanced swimming division focused more on their speed, strength and endurance training. They needed it specially the new kid since he's training for the triathlon, but I would have to tone it down for them since their key event is approaching.

Mew, Nong and Pruk on the other hand needs to conquer their key techniques and practice their main sets. The three of them had to spend more time in the pool as their meet gets closer so that they won't lose the connection and decrease their chances at victory. Their efficiency will go down if they lose touch since they would have to restart the adjustment every time they dive in the water.

"Join me for Min's training this week.", I invited Nong.

I supervise Min's land training as well and Dean joins when he had time or if there is a need. Nong on the other hand would spend his free time with Del, Manaow and Pharm.

"But, I'm not competing for a triathlon.", he refused immediately.

I knew he was uncomfortable with the transferee but I also know he was curious about him.

We had a meeting recently with Coach Guy about the upcoming meet aside from the welcoming retreat which we would discuss within this week to the club. He chose Min to be one of the candidates to run the club after we graduate. Though he was a new addition, I could not deny his potential.

"Pruk and Mew joins us from time to time. You're not that different.", I reasoned with him first.

Nong needs to know him better since they'll be the ones left to manage the club and I could watch over them as early as now, at least on how they would interact with each other in the future. I don't want to force him but I need to encourage him.

"Do you want to spend more time with me or not?", I asked him differently.

I made sure there was an ultimatum in my voice to warn him that he'll never hear the end of this until he agrees. I watched Nong contemplate in silence. I let go of him and sat up to get ready for classes.

"Okay!", Nong almost shouted as I stood up beside the bed and saw him pucker up a smile which made me smirk.

---