*Nuit De L'homme*

I never have thought
When you're gone
I'd find it hard to carry on
And it's probably 'cause
I fell in love way back then
And I think about us when
I think about us when

Drunk by Keshi

---

Win

I went up the stairs and thought on what I would say once I knock on his door but stopped when I saw him fumbling with his keys on the doorknob. I smiled at how clumsy he could be even when he only had a few drinks at the reception. I took a few steps towards him and grabbed the keys from his hand. He looked dazed as he cursed and stopped when he saw me leaning on the door frame.

"Care for another drink?", I asked him as I showed the bottle of rice whisky.

"Tum mai?", he asked me back.

If I tell him why, I don't know if he'd accept my invitation, "I just wanted to talk." 

I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards my room at the end of the hall before he could refuse. Though I was surprised that he let me drag him along, I didn't bother to complain. I gave him the bottle to hold and opened the door for him to come in. I watched him reluctantly head to the table and placed the rice whisky on top of it. I closed the door behind me and started to unbutton my suit. I smiled when he began to step back in panic as he looked at me take of my coat. 

"What are you doing?", he suddenly trembled

"Arai?", I almost laughed as I threw the piece of clothing on the bed.

I turned towards the mini kitchen in the room and rummaged for glasses. The rooms in the beach house were versatile since each of them had a mini kitchen which I view as advantageous for the business if the tenant only wanted to rent a room and not the whole place.

"I'm not going to pounce at you recklessly. Relax, Nong.", I told him as I took a glass and closed the cupboard.

He sighed and calmed down as he sat on an armchair. I placed the glass on the table and opened the bottle to pour its contents into it.

"How have you been?", I asked him as I sat down on the other chair.

"I'm fine. How about you?", he said as he watched me play around with the glass.

"Still the same.", I shrugged.

The music from the reception downstairs held the silence when he couldn't think of anything else to ask me so I've decided to tell him what's been bothering me for quite some time.

"I heard you've been going around."

"I heard you got engaged."