Intent

So much for pain

So often, I'm used to it

But that's okay, I can endure so much more of it

I may never find true love

But the weak and the loser ain't gonna be me

But then, so what?

Life goes on, I need no one

I may be alone, so what?

I need no one

Let it be told, I tell myself once and for all

I need no one

"I Need No One by Tilly Birds"

- -

Win

The unknown caller definitely disturbed him. He had a hard time going back to sleep. It gave him an uneasiness on who could've called. If it was important or not. If it is, then why didn't the caller on the other end say so? What if the caller is unable to speak? Or what if the caller can, but they just had a bad connection, that's why he couldn't hear the other person on the other line. It happens, not all communication lines are flawless.

This made him even more curious. He started to check his phone for any messages that could give him a clue on who the caller could be but found motivating messages on their group chat for Pruk and Team instead. Even his social media feed was filled with posts from juniors and most of them were fans of Nong.

I sent a message to Pruk and the other juniors from the swimming club to encourage them as well. I even sent a message to Nong Min though I felt indifferent towards him before. When it came to Team's turn, I felt myself hesitate. 

When you come home, don't look for me anymore

He meant it. Did he also mean that we should severe all communications? Even courteous ones? What would the effect be on him if I do?

It could mess up his chances at the competition.

I sighed and decided not to. I don't want to be the cause of anything that could ruin his future. He asked for it. I should give it to him then. I decided to turn on the television and sat on the couch. P'Wan continued to snore on the bed we both occupied now. I flipped through the channels and found the live broadcast for the Asian Swimming Championship.

Our university candidates hadn't shown up yet, they could still be at a warm up phase, so I've decided to make some coffee for the meantime. When I got back to the couch, the lineup for the participants were being broadcasted. Pruk was the first to compete and I saw that his body was more chiseled now than when we were in the university. I smirked when I imagined Manaow drooling over that biceps and strong muscles. She must be having the time of her life showing off her faen which I wouldn't get the same chance as her. My lips curled into a bitter smile. What a lucky girl.