Espoir

Win

Autumn was finally arriving in England and changes can be seen and felt as people walk around the busy streets on a weekday. He watched as a few leaves fell from a tree on a backyard in the city. The colors were fading from the stem down to the tip of the blade. A sign that the season is changing. Withering away, just as how he had the sense of foreboding that he and his faen are starting to grow apart.

It began with photos of him sent by their close friends instead of Team updating him about on how he was doing. And oddly enough he found himself finding contentment from second hand servings.

"We're hanging out at the convenience store by the school. You're the only ones who're not here. You guys are missing out big time!", he smiled at Manaow's message on their group chat.

They were clearly having fun snacking on ramen and varieties of noodles. A typical afternoon to hang out with friends when you've got nothing else better to do. Dean and Pharm were missing from the photos sent by Manaow and they haven't seen it yet on the app. They must be busy in their own little world. He could feel the envy crawling inside his skin. 

Team's smile were effervescently present

Team's smile were effervescently present. Radiating from every photo sent to him. He felt different somehow. Knowing that those smiles were not brought by him but by the girl beside the boy. His nong. She marked his growth as a senior and he could somehow see himself in the boy. Team was him and she was Team.

He could then feel the gap creeping in and he was letting it happen. He was not entirely dense yet not paranoid enough. He knows. By the way Team looks at her. The way he talked about her during their long distance conversations. He knows even if no one tells him. He was giving him the freedom. Not wanting to hold on to him tightly in fear that he'd only push him further away with an unwarranted jealousy. His decision was tearing them apart without even fully realizing it. No matter how he tried to pull them together again, there were those forces that kept them apart.

"Nong? Are you still there?", he tapped on his screen as if it would help catch the junior's attention wherever it was.

He moved the cursor of his laptop to control the webcam on Team's end. He's thankful for technology in making a few things possible. He had bought a couple of revolving webcams that has the capacity to rotate three hundred sixty degrees from all sides and gave the other to Team. He admit that it was expensive but it was worth it since the users can move around freely without being tied to one place for the viewers to see. It was a good investment for broadcasting jockeys and the likes rather than switching from multiple cameras placed strategically on every corner or nook and cranny of their room.