Superstition

"First love never works out.."

- They Say

---

Team

We slept most of the day during the holiday and woke up just as the sun was setting. Hia was already busy on his laptop when I got up, but I didn't ask what he was doing since I already have the idea that he could be working on a thesis or probably a presentation.

I thought that maybe when it's my turn to graduate, I'd be as busy as him, specially when they had to squeeze their internship by the second term. I should really think about where to apply starting now.

"What should we eat for dinner, Hia?", I asked him as I got out of the bathroom.

I was wearing his clothes and it never bothered him though I knew he only had a few clothing in stock. We wash our clothes at the laundry mat provided by the dormitory every weekend but it's his clothes that contains the machine, mostly.

Hia didn't answer my question and kept typing on the keyboard. He was too preoccupied. I just let him be and decided to get the usual that he buys at the stall near the dorm.

"I'll go down now to buy food.", I told him as I grabbed my wallet.

I didn't wait for any answer from him as I closed the door. I thought about what I should buy since he's a bit picky. Maybe, I should go with a variety of the usuals. I'm hungry as it is.

When I got to the stalls, I picked two of each

When I got to the stalls, I picked two of each. First, I got Pad See Eiw or stir fried noodles with Chinese broccoli. Then, I chose Guay Teow or noodle soup which would be warm and satisfying for our stomaches. After that, I picked Pad Kra Pao and two extra rice. Lastly, for dessert or snack there was Kluay Tod or deep fried sliced bananas.

I immediately went back to Hia's room and caught him still on his laptop. I laid the food on the table and started unpacking them, filling the room with a delicious aroma. I heard him close his laptop and I smiled as he started helping out by getting the dishes and cold water from his mini fridge.

"Are you sure we can finish all of this?", Hia asked.

"I will if you won't.", I just shrugged at him.

Which actually didn't happen. He was hungry as I was and we almost fought for the last piece of the Kluay Tod.

"I know you already ate some of this on the way back.", he said as he grabbed the dessert and held it over his mouth.

My eyes grew wide at his sneakiness, "Mai chai, oy! I didn't even stop by anywhere after I bought everything."

Hia raised one of his brow with a slight smirk, "Really?! You didn't even look around for anything or anyone else?".