Ties

Team

I don't think I'd be here right now if Hia wasn't leaving for England next year. This is totally impulsive of me. I'm really jumping in front of the barrel and I don't even have a vest to protect myself from three pairs of inquisitive eyes.

I wonder if Pharm felt this nervous and blank when he met P'Dean's parents. He had P'Don and Del as back ups at that time. And I can't even consider P'Wan as such since I just waid to him during a video call with Hia which I think ended in a scuffle between the two.

I should have taken pointers from Pharm before we left the resort.

"Did you get him pregnant?", the boy sitting next to P'Wan suddenly asked.

I bit my lower lip to stop my jaw from dropping at the question. They all looked at him for being scandalous. I know exactly where he got that trait though he doesn't look like Hia. I'm not really sure how to address him since I don't know if he's older or younger than me. I'm also not sure if I should be even answering that.

"View.. Was that appropriate to ask?", the long dark haired slim woman asked the boy.

Hia's mom was reprimanding him in front of me. I felt more uneasy. She didn't look strict but her demeanor is compelling that she's not to be messed with. Hia sure got that from her and they look very much alike.

The light brown haired boy didn't answer but straightened himself in his seat. P'Wan returned his gaze at me as if sizing me up while Hia kept his warning eyes at Tee.

"You look more cuter in person. I think I should buy Phawin a new computer with better resolution.", P'Wan showed his own mischievous smile which made me further realize that they are indeed Hia's family.

"We'll be spending the whole summer vacation together.", Hia announced to them.

"Where's he going to sleep?", View was starting to tease again.

"Do you really have to ask?", P'Wan shot back at him.

"Have you already turned eighteen?", Hia's mom suddenly asked me and we all stiffened.

I became more and more unsure how to deal with them. They're showing total chaos.

"Maae..", Hia was clearly begging her to stop for his warning eyes won't work with her.

"It's a simple question.", Mrs. Wanichakarnjonkul was brushing off her own son.

I swallowed first before I answered her, "Chai, khun paa.".

"Do you have any identification to show?", View interjected again.

Hia threw a cushion into his face as P'Wan elbowed View's shoulder. Mrs. Wanichakarnjonkul kept her poker face from the sideshow.

"Well?", she suddenly asked as if waiting for the proof.

The three suddenly stopped and I looked at Hia as if asking him if I could just go home now?

"Maae!", that was all he could say to his own mother.

"What? If you want him to sleep in your room, at least give me a peace of mind.", she shrugged like it was the most natural thing to ask when you meet the family for the first time.

"He's turning nineteen this October. Of course he's already eighteen!", Hia was beginning to be frustrated.

"Date and year, please.", their younger brother butted in again and propped his palms as pen and paper.

"Shut up!", both elder brothers almost shouted at the young one.

We were caught off guard again when Mrs. Wanichakarnjonkul laughed openly. P'Wan and Hia started to relax. I think we already got a blessing.