XXXIV. The Feast of All Sinners

"The Hollow has been haunting New Orleans for centuries," Vincent started to ease into the plan of how to defeat the Hollow for good. "It's an unending evil. Its appetite for power is insatiable. And that's what attracted it to both your little girls."

"You said there was a way to save her," Klaus reminded the witch, wanting to get straight to the point.

"There is, but I'm gonna tell you right now, you are not gonna like my plan. Step one: we pull the Hollow out of Hope. Step two: we find someplace else to put it. But with the book gone, I need a place that's both powerful and eternal. And in order to make the transition work, I'm gonna need something that's connected to Hope through blood," The Griffith witch guided the Mikaelson clan through his plan.

"You need a vampire," Freya sighed. "You want to put the Hollow into one of my siblings?"

Vincent waved his hand. "Uh, one ain't gonna cut it. I'm gonna need four of them," Vincent held up four fingers on his raised hand.

"Why four of us?" Elijah asked curiously.

"Well, 1,500 years ago, when the Hollow was first killed, they divided her remains. Four bones, four volunteers, four different locations. That's how we're going to beat the Hollow now."

"Transfer the Hollow's power into four immortal vampires," Freya crossed her arms.

"And just send us on our way," Rebekah scoffed at the New Orleans witch.

"And make it so we never see each other again," Juliette rasped and the original heretic felt Lucien grab her hand to calm her down so she didn't harm the New Orleans witch for suggesting this plan.

"So the evil is drawn, quartered, and separated for all time," Klaus glared at the witch.

"And you have to go your separate ways, and you have to stay separate. For all time. Like Juliette said, you can never see each other again. Can never go near each other again. That is the only way that we're gonna beat the Hollow," maintained Vincent.

"Well, if it'll save my little girl, then we will make it so," the hybrid vowed.

****

Juliette sat next to Rebekah with her arms crossed over her chest. She watched as her brother, Elijah, sliced his palm to draw blood into a bowl for the spell that Vincent was going to cast.

"Vincent needs our blood," Elijah told the two.

"Right. All four of us," Rebekah snapped.

"And our dear brother Kol isn't answering his bloody phone," Juliette agreed with Rebekah.

"He's finally got a chance at happiness, and we're asking him to come home and play host to a quarter of a demon so that Klaus can stay with Hope," Rebekah chuckled humorously.

Freya rubbed her temples. "There has to be another way."

"What if there isn't another way?" Elijah asked the oldest sibling.

"I can't believe this is actually happening to us," Juliette mumbled with hurt dripping from her tone. "I just got my daughter back and now I'm going to have to leave her again because I want Klaus to be able to watch Hope grow up."