XLIX. When the Saints Go Marching In

Southern France, 1002 A

Southern France, 1002 A.D.

"Lucien!" Juliette scolded in a hushed whisper but also couldn't contain the little giggles escaping past her rosy lips. "We're going to be caught."

Her hand was firmly placed in Lucien's as he guided her outside with the bright moon as their only source of light. "No one is going to catch us, darling."

"Tell that to my overprotective brothers," Juliette commented back as the human tugged her further along, stopping at big tree with flowers littered around them.

Lucien just smiled at the girl and brought her closer to the tree, pressing his lips to hers as he didn't want to wait any longer. Juliette smiled in delight as Lucien put his palms onto her cheeks.

The Mikaelson hybrid felt Lucien's hands move to her long curled hair, bringing her closer to him. "You enchant me, Juliette Mikaelson," the Castle human quietly spoke after pulling away from their shared kiss, leaning his forehead against hers.

"Being with you, Lucien Castle, I have never felt more alive," she told him, not breaking eye contact with him which Lucien loved as he could get lost in her bright green eyes. Even though he understood the hidden meaning behind her words and should be afraid of what she was, he still grinned down at her and kissed her once more.

He pulled her to the dewy ground, neither of them minding the wet grass. Lucien pressed a kiss to the side of Juliette's head as she leaned into him as they rested against the base of the tree.

"We should run away together," Lucien spoke into her ear. "Leave this place and never look back."

"I wish we could, Lucien," Juliette sighed as she moved to look up at him, locking her eyes onto his. "But it's not that simple."

"I know you won't leave your family but maybe I can leave with you," Lucien suggested and then placed his hands to the hybrid's cheeks. She leaned into his palm, enjoying his contact.

"I don't want to put you in danger. You should be scared of me and my family," Juliette started to deny his suggestion.

"I don't want to lose you," he gently rubbed his thumb back and forth on her pink cheeks.

"You should be running for the hills," Juliette said, closing her eyes briefly.

"Does this look like I'm running off?" Lucien told her sincerely and brought his face closer to hers and pulled her in for a sweet kiss.

****

Present Day
New Orleans