e p i l o g u e

Juliette Mikaelson awoke with a little gasp and her eyes scanned her surroundings

Juliette Mikaelson awoke with a little gasp and her eyes scanned her surroundings. The things around her seemed a lot brighter than they normally were with the sunlight was streaming in through the open windows. The sunlight created a rainbow effect as it bounced off a glass table next to the original vampire.

Juliette was confused as to where she was as the last few moments were a little blurry. She clambered up to her feet noticing that she was in her bedroom in the compound.

"About time you woke up," a voice echoed from behind Juliette. The Mikaelson woman spun around slowly to see a familiar face that the brunette thought that she would never see again.

"Cami?" Juliette whispered questioningly as she wasn't sure if she was hallucinating her deceased friend.

"The one and only," the former bartender smiled and Juliette didn't say anything more but rushed into Cami's arms.

"I've missed you," Juliette mumbled into Cami.

"I've missed you, too, Julie," was Cami's response and Juliette was too happy to see her friend that she didn't scold the former bartender about the hated nickname.

"I know you probably have a lot of questions but there are some people who would like to see you," Cami gestured Juliette to follow her out of the bedroom and out of the compound.

Juliette was expecting to see the streets of New Orleans once they exited the compound but they were now standing in Mystic Falls.

"Cami? What's going on? What's happening?" Juliette asked curiously.

"You don't remember what happened, do you?" Cami questioned the disoriented Mikaelson.

"Vaguely," Juliette muttered.

"You died," Cami told her carefully. "It's okay, Julie. You're at peace."

Juliette's breathing was shaking as the last few moments of her life flashed before her. She was never going to see her family again. She was never going to see Lucien again or Kennedy.

"Never thought I'd see you again, Mikaelson," a new voice called out to the emotional woman. Juliette looked past Cami to see Stefan Salvatore with a little grin and Lexi, a very old friend of hers, a few feet behind him.

Juliette embraced the Salvatore and was glad that she wouldn't have to be alone in death. Her and Stefan were never the greatest of friends but deep down they cared for each other and Juliette was happy to spend the rest of her time in the after life with him.