XXXVIII. Don't It Just Break Your Heart

It had been a few days since Juliette and Klaus took one member from each faction hostage and killed them to send a message

It had been a few days since Juliette, Klaus, and Marcel became in charge of the vampires and took their daylight rings to keep them in line.

It was early morning when Juliette was walking down the streets of New Orleans. She was alone on her walk to Rousseau's and the original heretic paused her stride.

She sensed movement behind her. "You should know better than to sneak up on an original," she muttered to whoever was behind her.

"Not if I have a way to take you out of the playing field," Juliette instantly recognized the voice that belonged to Greta. Greta pulled out the dagger that Nik always stuck in Juliette's heart in the past.

"You really think you can use that on me?" Juliette gritted out as she cautiously took a step closer to Greta.

"I know what would happen to me if I were to dagger you," Greta spoke. "But I have a witch on our side who also sees you as a threat because you're a hybrid."

The Sienna vampire smirked and injected Juliette in the neck with enough vervain to make her weak and unable to fight. Various vampires who were on Greta's side walked out from the shadows to surround the original. The witch on Greta's side magically sent the dagger covered in white oak ash on the tip into Juliette's heart. The original heretic fell to the ground and all the surrounding vampires smirked at the original heretic who was taken down.

****

Later in the day, Lucien walked alongside Marcel. Their conversation of what their next play should be was halted when Lucien's phone started ringing.

Lucien answered his daughter's phone call. "What is it, sweetheart?"

"Dad, something's wrong," Kennedy's voice was shaky and Lucien instantly went into overprotective dad mode.

"Kennedy?" He asked after she paused for a moment and he heard her shallow breathing.

"Mom isn't answering her phone," Kennedy fretted into her cellphone. Panic ran through Lucien as he heard this. "And you know she always answers me. No matter what."

Lucien shared a worried look with Marcel. And the younger vampire pulled out his phone to call Juliette but he was sent to voicemail. "She's not answering me either," Marcel sighed in worry for his friend.

"Sweetheart, do you think you can manage a locator spell to find her?" Lucien spoke quickly as he was panicking for the whereabouts of his wife.