Seven

"I thought I told you to stay out of my way." Sasuke scolded. The blond walked outside to see Sasuke not only had been skipping out on the job they were given, but he was more furious at the sight before him.

Sakura was clinging to Sasuke.

Hurt, but already set on a solution, Naruto walked up to the raven, pushing copies of the files he made. "Kakashi said we have to work together. I made the copies, now help me distribute them."

Sasuke raised his eyebrows as Sakura scoffed. "Who's he to give you orders?" She asked, looking down at Naruto.

"Well if he was doing his damn job, I wouldn't be giving orders now, would I?" Naruto asked.

"Don't get smart with me, Naru-"

"I'm not being smart, Sakura. It's knowledge he knows since he's the one who also signed the damn paper." Naruto stared at the eyes of the Uchiha. The eye contact remained even as Sasuke gave up and turned away.

Sakura was in the middle of belittling Naruto when Sasuke swiped the papers from Naruto, "Fine. Leave. I'll go up in a bit."

Having nothing else to do, Naruto left Sakura in the middle of her sentence as he walked away with half of the other papers.

'Asshole.' Naruto was mad at Sasuke, more than ever. How much does the Uchiha hate him?

Fighting down the urge to break down and cry about it, Naruto focused on getting his part of the job done. As he neared the bottom of the literature hallway, he saw Sasuke speed in and out of the classrooms.

'Do you feel anything?' The voice asked.

'Nothing in particular. I guess now I'm more mad at him than ever.'

'Interesting.'

Naruto walked in to the last classroom, setting down his last copies on the desk.

"Now what?" He heard Sasuke come in and sit on a nearby desk. Looking directly at him, he appeared smug. Apparently the Uchiha was bored and wanted to waste no time in getting out.

Naruto walked out, leaving Sasuke no choice but to follow him.

Once back upstairs, Naruto checked the list. "If you hadn't been fooling around with Sakura we would've been done by now."

Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"You can go back outside and clean." Naruto ordered.

Sasuke, assuming something was wrong from the tone Naruto was using, leaned in behind Naruto's ear, expecting a reaction when he whispered, "Something wrong?" He had said it in a quiet tone, clearly his goal was to startle Naruto, in hopes of embarrassing the blond more.

"Nothing, now leave me alone and go to your stupid part." Naruto didn't even flinch, leaving the Uchiha speechless. "Is there something wrong?" Naruto asked, turning around to face Sasuke. He was still leaning down, a bit shocked that his words brought no reaction.

Clearing his throat, Sasuke stood back up, looking once again into Naruto's eyes, expecting to find the same thing he saw every time, naïveness. But now, now he saw what?

Sasuke was left to wonder as Naruto walked out.

// yes, Naruto. Give 'im hell!