Fourteen

"Tell me, Sasuke." Kakashi began, "what was Naruto talking about?"

"Nothing, he's being delusional." Sasuke was going to kill Naruto for bringing this up.

"Sas-"

"I'll be leaving." Sasuke sprang up from his chair. "See you after school." He said before leaving the meeting room.

Kakashi was left behind to wonder just what has happened to the two 'best friends'. Remembering back to a couple of months ago, they appeared fine. Sasuke was never seen without Naruto where ever he went, it seemed those two practically lived together.

Walking back to his office, Kakashi thought back to the first signs of something. . something he never realized. Sitting down at his desk, he turned in his desk top, opening the sticky notes on it and typing whatever came to his head.

He sorted out the events from the time span of those months, from being friends to now. He needed to figure out what happened in between those months that got Sasuke and Naruto to fall apart like this. Unfortunately, none wanted to talk about it.

By the time Sasuke got back to the classroom, the first thing he heard walking in was Sai's annoying voice, arguing with Shizune about Naruto.

"At least let me go look for him." He said, his face sporting a very annoyed look.

"Sai, just please sit down, Naruto is always skipping, its not a surprise anymore, just leave him." She argued back, "I'm not about to let another student of mine skip."

Sai was about to say something back when he noticed Sasuke walking in. Rushing to Sasuke's side, he grabbed the Uchiha by the arm and said, "Fine, Uchiha knows where he is, I'll let him take me."

"What- " Sasuke began struggling against Sai's grip.

"Sai!" Shizune began, "sit down!"

"I'll be back!" Sai shouted as he dragged Sasuke out to look for Naruto.

"Sai let go!" Sasuke struggled to free himself.

"Look here, Sasuke. You're better off just coming along because you're not getting away." Sai said, still walking as Sasuke started digging his nails into Sai's skin.

For a moment, Sasuke stopped struggling, letting the pale stick lead the way. Until they passed a barely lit corridor did Sai throw Sasuke against a locker, earning a surprised look from the Uchiha.

"Alright, boss. Spit it out. Where the fuck is Naruto?" Sai asked, all emotions aside from his face, leaving only really pissed off eyes.

"What? I have no idea, he just walked out." Sasuke said, unbelieving at Sai's strength.

"That's bullshit, because if he'd walked out, he would've gone straight to the courtyard. He's not there, Sasuke. Nor is he anywhere in this damn school!" Sai spat.

"You haven't even checked, and it's not like I care where the stupid fa-" Sasuke received a punch in the face before he could even say what he was about to say.

"Beware, Uchiha. Choose your words wisely, you don't want to anger me more than I already am." Sai said. "I have checked everywhere, I have eyes all over this school, if I find Naruto and he's not okay, you're taking the blame." Sai let go of Sasuke's collar, pushing Sasuke once more before leaving the way he came.

Sasuke was left confused, confused at why Sai was so concerned for Naruto if this was barely his first day here. "Sai!" He yelled out, rushing to run towards the hallway Sai took.

Sai had only been a few feet away when Sasuke grabbed his arm and turned him around to face him. "Why are you so concerned?"

Sai gave a quick look at Sasuke's face. "Because," Sai scoffed at Sasuke's glare, "nobody else is."

"He has friends." Sasuke said, a bit of the old him coming back, the one where he cared about anything Naruto did.

"Yeah? Tell me which of the people wanting to hurt him is his friend. Kiba? He sure has a nice way of showing it. Ino? Oh, she's a very good friend, you know? I always wanted a friend to black mail me about why I keep up with a crush. Sakura? I only just saw her a while ago and I could already tell she has everything against Naruto. So tell me, Uchiha, what friends? From what I can tell already, you're the cause of everything that happens to him." Sai's words hit Sasuke like a dagger.

Sasuke eased his frip on Sai's arm, slowly coming to realization that- it was his fault. As much as he didn't want to care, he did, and he hated it but not enough.

"I never meant to- I . . " Sasuke was at a loss for words as his mind began thinking about everything.

The bell rang, signaling the last class of the day was about to begin.

"I have no more time to waste, Sasuke. Either you tell me where he is or you help me find him. One or the other."

Pushing all thoughts aside, Sasuke nodded.

Seeing his words get across the dumbass before him, Sai smiled a bit. "Okay, so this is what I've got. ."

//clearly this isn't going to be 20 chapters oh well :-)