Fifteen

* Sasuke's POV *

Sai wasn't kidding when he said he had eyes all over the school. Nor was he kidding when he said he couldn't find Naruto anywhere.

He had a visual on all the cameras around the school on his phone.

Showing me what he saw from when he left the meeting, the only thing we witnessed was a tearful Naruto slam the door of the meeting room.

"How do you figure he's not okay?" I asked Sai as he adjusted his ear buds on one ear.

"What, you mean to tell me you can't see his face?" Sai asked, quite sarcastically if I may add. "I  started watching the meeting  as soon as Gai dropped me off at class. All I got to see was a little outburst before he left."

"And you can't find him?"

"Sadly, the prince is either hiding or in some serious trouble."

"What do you mean trouble?"

He reached in his pocket to fish out another phone, unlocking it and tapping away at the screen to bring up an image. An image that made me feel sick.

"Now, I know Sakura has a group covering her, but what could she want with my little fox? Do you know?"

I found myself frowning at the nickname he gave Naruto. Something about it bothered me. 'My little fox?'

"Relax, Uchiha, I give everybody nicknames. It's my gift and an honor for those who receive them." Sai smiled at me. "You know, I could give you one but your not worthy of it yet."

"Like I care, so what are you doing?" I asked, seeing as Sai was now walking and listening to music? At a time like this?

"I'm listening to people." He said, catching my confusion. "Here." He gave me an earbud, and as I listened, I was even more confused.

"How is this possible? How are you doing this?" I asked, somewhat scared at what other tricks he had up his sleeve.

"I'm bouncing from people's phones to hear conversations surrounding their phone. The phone on the next hallway has a person involved nearby."

Raising an eyebrow, I only nodded as if to understand what he was talking about.

Walking faster towards the hallway, Sai was moving his feet a little faster than mine, suddenly changing directions as his phone picked up on another conversation. 

"Sai, look." I pointed to the phone he lent me displaying the camera feeds. "He's being led upstairs." I said as he leaned in to look.

"The roof, huh? Typical setting." Sai said, disconnecting his ear buds and shutting off his phone, taking the one I held back.

"So this Sakura, she a friend if yours?" Sai asked me, giving me a look. He probably knew the answer, so I didn't answer.

Getting to the roof was difficult, there were at least three different stairs that led to the roof and all needed a key that only the janitors had. The first staircases we arrived had been locked, meaning Sakura had led Naruto to the last staircase, the one on top of the part of the building that was partly abandoned.

All the signs told me nothing good was happening, and it was my fault. All mine.

Finally, racing upstairs, my hand reached out for the half closed door, quick to push it open.

The scene before me was not something I had expected.