Chapter 129

The bell chimes, and incomes Ashley and everyone else. Ugh, here we go. Do they really have no other place to go?

The diner is crowded today. It's funny because even here, everyone remains divided—the forgotten sit at the back, and the elite sit at the front.

This bothers me so much, but everyone seems to be okay with it. It's a balance, I guess, and in a way, it works. Everyone knows their place, so things work in harmony.

If someone were to fall out of line and rebuttal against this balance, everything would fall apart.

Ryder almost tampered with this; that day, he fought Matt, who was on his side, a part of his side.

Nothing really changed, though; they almost did; maybe if he had never gotten shot, we would have seen things start to reverse.

He then went on to pick another fight with Matt at the championship game. It's really weird to pick a fight with someone who's on the same literal team as you. It didn't hit me until just now that I never found out why the fight started.

Ryder pushed Matt, then Matt got up and said something to Caleb and Ryder, and then Caleb attacked Ryder. There are a million scenarios that could've taken place.

"Take this to table two," Ms.Kelly says while handing me a plate with a burger and fries.

I take the plate from her and then walk over to the table; four boys are sitting in the booth.

They all have Justice League comic books in their hands, different series, of course.

There is a heated conversation when I come up; one of the boys notices me and stops talking to the rest of the boys.

I place the plate on the table, "Here you go!"

The boy smiles at me and said, "Thank you, Jayda,"

He knows my name, and yet I don't know his. I feel bad for not knowing his name or any of theirs. I've known them since kindergarten, yet I don't know them by their names.

"What were you guys talking about?" I ask, making conversation, something I never do.

They look at each other, surprised that I am interested, "We were discussing who the strongest in Justice League?"

"And?" Im was never a Justice League person. I'm marvel all the way.

The other boy clears his thought, "It's Superman,"

Everyone groans, "No, it's not it, obviously Doctor Fate," the one with the blue hoodie states.

The boy who claimed it was superman scrunches his face. "How?"

The one in the black shirt says, "That's like saying that Hulk is the strongest out of the Avengers,"

"Physically speaking, he is," the boy in blue defends. Even I laugh at his comment, "Okay, fine, then who's the strongest?"

"Scarlet Witch," I answer before any of them. They look at me, shocked, wondering how I could be a girl and know these things.

"That's a new one; I would have expected you to say Thor or Iron man," Of course he did; those are the most apparent cliche answers.

I shake my head, "Definitely not; first of all, Iron Man is Iron man because of his suit, and yes, Tony Stark is a genius, but at the end of the day, his suit is man-made if could easily be destroyed," We saw his suit get destroyed in Infinity war by Thanos and several other times in other movies. Though he could easily repair them, it's not a reliable thing.