Chapter 111

"I want to keep her overnight; our radiologist is out for the night, and I don't want to send her home without getting a CT scan first,"

"Okay," my father replies.

"Also, the police are on their way to talk to her; they just finished getting a statement from her friend," Doctor Grey states.

"How is she supposed to tell them anything? She can't talk?" My dad asks bluntly.

"I told them that, but they still insist on talking to her," she says.

"Fine, whatever,"

Doctor Grey turns to me, "I'll be back to check on you later tonight Jayda, I'm on call all night so that I will be here," she informs me.

I nod my head. She smiles and walks out of the room. I turn my head to look out the glass window. I have been waiting for Josiah and Eveyln to come back around the corner, but they haven't.

My father gets out of the chair and starts pacing back and forth in the small room. "Do you know what went through my head when the news reported that there had been a shooting at the school?" he asks.

The news? I forgot the news people were there documenting the game. The game was live.

"First that brawl the teams had and then that!" he adds. He walks over to me, "When Ms.Moore called and told me you had been hurt, I thought-" he pauses. "I thought you were dead; she told me you got shot," he stares right at me.

Was Ms.Moore there? She must have come once I had passed out.

The door flies open, and in she comes. What the hell?

"Jayda," she gasps.

My father's eyes leave mine and then go to her. "What are you doing here?" he asks her.

"Checking on my student," she says aggressively and then walks over to me; she places her hand on my arm.

A gesture she thinks is kind, but it's irritating; I don't want to be touched, I don't want to be bothered, I want to be left alone.

She looks down at me, "Your in one piece," she smiles, "I'm happy you are okay,"

"You should go," my father says to her,

She ignores him and says to me, "A young man is looking for you, Caleb."

Where is he? Is he okay?

Dammit, I can't talk.

"They finished the game?" my father asks.

"Yes, we dismissed the students, only people who stayed were the teams and coaches; Ravenswood won,"

If I weren't in this situation, I would be happy to hear that my boyfriend just won the championship, but I can't be happy right now, not with Ryder being gone.

"Of course they did," my father says, "Our QB was shot! How could Crossland even focus on the game knowing that?"

"The Adams? Are they here?" she asks my father. He nods his head. "How are they taking it?"

He says, "How any parent would take it," and lowers his head, looking at me.

"This has just been a terrible day," Ms.Moore says.

The door comes open, and two police officers walk in. "We're here to talk to Jayda," one of the men says.

"I'm staying," my father informs them.

The officers nod their heads; my father clears his throat signaling for Ms.Moore to leave, "I'll be down the hall talking to Adams," she says before walking out the room.