Chapter 146

Ryder POV

We have been driving for about 6 hours now, and she hasn't said a word. She has just sat in silence, texting every now and then. She's jumpy, constantly looking at the time on the dashboard, next glancing over at me and then back at her phone.

"So, are you going to tell me why we are going to Georgia?" I ask, finally. You would think I would have asked before pulling off from my house, but I didn't.

She looks over at me and says, "Are you going to tell me what happened to your face?"

"No,"

"Then I'm not telling you," she turns back around and continues looking out the window.

She's so damn stubborn. I love it.

But I don't love it right now. This was a terrible fucking idea. I shouldn't have left until she told me why exactly we are going there. It's one thing to run off with her somewhere in town, but we are going to a whole different state, a state that's twelve fucking hours away.

Too late to turn back now; we have been driving for six hours. According to the GPS, we are somewhere in South Carolina. The roads are foggy, and it's extremely dark.

This is why I hate the country; you can't see shit at night. The only thing lighting up the road is my car's headlights and the starry night sky. Two of which are not helping any right now.

I pull the car over to the side of the road, grab my phone, and pause the GPS.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm finding a motel nearby; I can't see shit," I ask Siri for the nearest motel; one is only ten minutes away, it looks like it's just up the road.

She then asks, "Do you need glasses?"

Is she trying to be funny? I look over to her, with my eyebrow raised. "Uh no,"

"Then why can't you see?"

"Because it's dark as fuck," I reply, irritated. Now she is really making me regret driving her ass out here.

Her thick lips press into a line, "Well, let me drive," she suggests. I literally burst into laughter. She frowns. "What's so funny?"

"You're not driving my car," I state.

"Why not?" she squeals, "I know how to drive,"

"I don't care; you're not driving MY car," I repeat. "I would do anything for you, Jayda. Except let you touch my car,"

A smile creeps at the side of her mouth; she turns away quickly and sits straighter in her seat, "We can't stop,"

"Being as though I'm the one driving and the one with the keys. I decide when we will stop,"

She rolls her eyes and blows her breath like a child.

Before I can start the car, my phone rings, it's my mother. I send the call to voicemail and continue up the road to the hotel.

...

"Really, Ryder?!" she growls.

"What?"

She looks around the deserted worn down motel lot. "You just had to pick this one,"

Damn, she's always fucking blaming me for something. "I didn't know it was going to look like this," The address didn't show any pictures. I can see why.

Her brows scrunch together, and she looks out the window, "Is this even a motel? It looks like a haunted house,"

"Clearly, it's a motel... well resort, " I point to the sign in front that reads,