Chapter 133

"Hello," I say groggily. What time is it?

"Can you come over?" Ryder asks.

"Uhm, it's like 9 am; I can come later," there's no way I'm getting out the bed, especially today, Wednesday, my day off of work.

"I have my PT later," he states.

"Okay, I can come after," I grab my cover and pull it over my head.

"I'm not going to want to do it later," he makes yet another excuse.

I sigh, "Fine, I'll be there in an hour."

"Okay,"

"Okay," I hang up, breathe in and out, then slowly roll off of my bed; I guess I will ask him about AJ today.

After taking a quick shower, I grab my Adidas sweatpants and hoodie, then slip my feet into my matching shoes. I grab my house keys from off of the table and then descend down the stairs.

Once reaching the bottom, I find my mother lying on the couch, wrapped in her favorite blue fluffy blanket with a bucket of ice cream in her hand.

"Where do you think you're going?" she asks me.

"Over to Ryder's house,"

She hums, "You too seemed pretty close the other night at the party, don't think I didn't see you two in the back sitting in the bay window,"

"We were just talking," I say, annoyed.

"Mhm," She takes another spoon of ice cream. Before I can continue making my way to the door, she says, "Oh, on your way back, can you pick me up another bucket," she raises the ice cream in the air.

"The store is far. Do you know how long it'll take me to get there?" She must have forgotten I don't have a car.

She points to the key rack, "Take my car,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I want my ice cream. Plus, I don't want you walking alone with that boy still out there,"

It never occurred to me that Travis could pop up whenever. I have been walking freely around the town as if he's behind bars when he's not; I highly doubt he stuck around town, though. Then again, maybe he did. He could possibly just be waiting in the shadows plotting his revenge.

...

Ryder opens the front door; this is the first time I have seen him in the main house. He looks me up and down and then back at my face staring straight at me. I smile before I can greet him; his mother comes from behind him,

"Jayda!" she says in a high pitched tone, clearly happy to see me. She practically pulls me into the house as Ryder shuts the large custom wooden door. "I'm so glad you're here; now I can get your opinion also,"

"Ugh, not this again," Ryder growls and then takes a seat at the island.

"What?" I ask, curious.

She walks into a room and then comes out with two sheer drapes, "Gold or White?"

I wasn't expecting that. "Uhh,"

"For the New Year's Eve party Friday," she says, answering my silent question as to what it was for.

"Oh, Uhm, I don't know. I kind of like both, together,"

Her eyes enlarge, "That's funny Ryder said the same thing," she laughs, and then says, "Great minds think alike,"

Josiah comes walking down the steps, his eyes land on me, "Ah Jayda, what a surprise,"

"Hello," Act normal, Act normal.