Chater 32

*34 weeks pregnant*

I woke up in a fright when a felt a liquid run down the side of my leg. I quickly got out of my bed to find a small puddle of clear liquid. No, this can't be right, I still have 6 more weeks until the baby is born.I looked over at the clock.1:24. I could hear the howling winds from outside and my window was shaking from the strong winds. My lower back ached as I moved over to the window.

I opened my curtain skittishly, shaking as the curtain moved more to reveal the snowy wonderland outside. Snow blinded the world, millions of snowflakes flew to the right causing me not to see the outside. Shit!

I felt more liquid run down my leg and the pain in my lower back got worse. I sat back down on my bed, hoping the pain will go away, but to no avail.I was about the wake up Gilbert, who was sleeping right next to me, but it might just be pain.I didn't want to wake him if it was just a false alarm.

I felt another shock of pain in my back. I squeezed my eyes trying to sleep the pain away.

__

I woke up with once again another wave a pain, but not in my back but in my lower abdomen. The time was two a.m and I was fully aware that I'm in labor. I shook Gilbert, trying to wake him up.

"What?" Gilbert groaned rolling over to face me.

"I think I might be in labor." I told him, grabbing my stomach for yet again another wave a pain. So, they're are about 6 minutes apart. His crimson eyes grew big and he quickly sat up.

"What? Now? Are you sure?" He questioned grabbing my big stomach and rubbing it.

"Yeah, my water broke, I think." I pointed to the spot where the puddle was.

"Okay,We'll start driving to the hospital then." He jumped off the bed and grabbed a bag.

"It's snowing." I murmured, feeling an agonizing wave of pain. He pulled the curtains back to see what I saw earlier, white everywhere.

"It's going to be fine." Gilbert reassured, holding my hand and letting me squeeze it.

I'm going to be a mother today. Something I never knew I was going to experience. I can finally met the angel that has been with me for 9 months. Happiness is on the way.

___

4:00 a.m

I lied on the hospital bed in the a hospital gown. My hair was in a mess and I could barley kept my eyes closed. Everytime I almost fell asleep, a wave of unbearable pain hit me. At about 3:00 a.m in the morning Gilbert called the ambulance because the roads weren't shoved. It took a half an hour to pick us up. Unfortunately, only Gilbert and I could come and everyone else had to stay home and wait for the news.

"Look!" I looked over at Gilbert who worn a hospital mask,"I'm the doctor!So, I'll be delivering your baby."

He grabbed the hem of my gown and was about to lift it up when I kick him with all the energy I had left in me in his forehead. He groaned as he back away from me and put his hand over his forehead.

"You're are even grumpy then ever." He said, taking off the mask. He then grabbed a glove and snuggled to put it on.

"Rectum exam!" He snapped the glove.

"Gilbert just be quiet." I groaned, holding on to the hospital bars for another contraction.

"It's no fun in here."

~8:00 a.m

"Shit!" I snarled. I lied in agony on the hospital bed as Gilbert played around with the a flashlight and pretending he was in a show.

"The first words the baby is going to hear is you cussing." He laughed while he flashed the light towards me.

He walked over to me once he sees how unpleased I was. He took my hand and allowed me to squeeze as hard as I can.

"I think it's time for you to push." The doctor said.