Chapter 21

(Monica's Pov)

*11 weeks pregnant*

"That was sooo boring!" Gilbert complained as we walked out of the parent class. I actually kinda like it, the teacher was stuck up, but the class was educational. Gilbert spent most of the time doodling in his notebook and mocking that teacher. He'll stop with a smack to the head.

"Stop complaining." We walked through the parking lot as I said that.

"This pregnancy makes you so bitchy." He laughed as we got in his car.

"That means you made me bitchy." I snapped. My eyes looking away from his glaze. I couldn't stand to look in his dark red eyes. I always feel awkward looking in to his eyes. It made my heart skip a beat.

He drove rather fast down the highway to my dorm, across town. I looked out the window at the sun setting, after a long day.The car slowly went to a stop to my displeasure, for I was exhausted and I needed to study once I got home.

"What happen?" I asked Gilbert, finally looking at him after ignoring him to whole ride.

"Fuck, I think it broke down." Gilbert hissed as he got out of the car, harshly. Fortunately, we got to the side of the road before making a complete stop.

"Do you know how to fix it?" I questioned after I got out of the car and join him in looking at the hood.

"Not really." He murmured. His angry soon fated away when he started to laugh. I started at him in confusion. Does he went to stay on the side of the road?

"It's just so funny!" He exclaimed in between laughs.

"How? Don't you want to go home!" I yelled at him for not being serious.

"There's nothing bad about staying at the side of the road." He smiled,putting down the hood with a slam.

"I have work to do." I grumbled as I held my stomach. It didn't have a bump yet, yet I still like to hold it. My back ached and my legs hurt.

"We can just hitchhike." He told me as he sat on the hood of the car.

"Or, we can call someone." I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and turn it in. The bright screen blinded me for the moment and the screen displayed '8:00' and only 2% battery life left, because Felicia played on it all day.

1%

I quickly pulled up my contacts and searched for a reliable person to pick us up.

0%

The screen shut off and showed the black screen with the reflection of my angry and worried face.

"Dead." I said, also sitting on the car.

"Lost it." Gilbert told me as the day got darker and darker.

"Idiot."I mumbled, playing with the phone.

"Do you hate me?" He asked before letting me finish my word.

I sat there staring at the moon and the stars in the dark sky.I don't hate you at all, actually I really like you, a bit too much. The way you look at me with your eyes made me feel beautiful, something I haven't felt in years and I yearned for it almost everyday. Your smile made my day ten times brighter. Your hair I wished to smuther my face into because it was so soft.

"No." Was only I could tell him out loud. I probably wrote a whole book in my head about why I did like him, but it can not be said through words, it was much too amazing to be spoken in a dark world like this.

"Why do you always call me stupid or idiot?" He lied on the car looking at the sky. I could see the stars' reflection in his eyes.

"Because you are one," I began,"But that doesn't mean I don't like you."

I saw the corners of his mouth go up and his eyes softened. He sat up again and looked over at me.

"Of course! Who doesn't like me?" He cheered before bear hugging me. He went side to side still hugging me.

"I like you,too!" He laughed still hugging me. To be honest, that made me smile even a laugh surpassed me.

__

We lied on the car hood looking at the beautiful stars that filled the night sky, creating on of the most breathtaking scenes in the word, stars. Gilbert pointed out the big dipper and I found O'Ryan's Belt.

"I love stars." Gilbert said, too poetic for him.

"Yeah, they're pretty."

"My dad and I used to watch them," He continued,"We'll keep track of the stars every night and who ever found the most constellations won an ice cream." There was a long pause and he breathed in deeply,"Once he left, I would sat on the pouch and count the stars and constellations, waiting for him to return, but he never did."

I found myself at the lost for words. It made my heart break for him. How can you love something that gives you bad memories?

"Oh." Was the only word that pasted my lips, wishing he would change the subject.

"You know you're like a star," He said, looking over at me with his breathtaking eyes,"You're beautiful,you're bright,you're something that catches my eyes."

My heart beat so fast that I didn't understand how he could hear it. I knew I wasn't beautiful or bright or something that catches his eyes. I am not a star. I'm nothing compared to the pretty stars.

I am nothing, not bright, not beautiful, not a star.

I'm

just

nothing.

__

By the way the 'I'm not a star' part is a version of a poem by S.b. I just mixed up the words a bit. I hope you all liked it.